PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

aosinc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated 6.5... Stuck in 1x during calls

sorry if this has been ask but I recently updated to the 6.5 at the sprint store and im stuck in 1x during phone calls ?I do have ev when not on a call. Before I updated I never had this problem? Any fixes for this ?
Any help will be much appreciated !
Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Updated 6.5... Stuck in 1x during calls

ev is for data ... 1x for calls and texts

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

sounds like its working just fine. as stated above 1x is for voice and ev is for data.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:53 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

hmm..strange
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

Touhy is a n00b

yep its always 1x for calls, thats why you cant surf and chat at the same time. at least not until 4g. =)
Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

scott8813 is keeping up the good workscott8813 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to scott8813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touhy View Post
yep its always 1x for calls, thats why you cant surf and chat at the same time. at least not until 4g. =)
see, that's what I had to come to believe and accept as fact myself. The sad truth of the matter is that I remember way way back when I had my PPC-6700 (predecessor to the mogul) and it was more than capable of performing both tasks at the same time. I was if it had two seperate radio transmitters working side by side instead of having to switch from one to the other.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
see, that's what I had to come to believe and accept as fact myself. The sad truth of the matter is that I remember way way back when I had my PPC-6700 (predecessor to the mogul) and it was more than capable of performing both tasks at the same time. I was if it had two seperate radio transmitters working side by side instead of having to switch from one to the other.
I've read a debate on what you wrote above in the past & from what I recall, Sprint were testing some EV_DV equipment but chose to go with VZW's selection of EV_DO as the platform of choice.

http://connectedplanetonline.com/mag/telecom_evdv_dead/

You can however surf the web and talk if you use WiFi on your phone.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
I've read a debate on what you wrote above in the past & from what I recall, Sprint were testing some EV_DV equipment but chose to go with VZW's selection of EV_DO as the platform of choice.

http://connectedplanetonline.com/mag/telecom_evdv_dead/

You can however surf the web and talk if you use WiFi on your phone.
Hah, that was my next question - if you connected to WiFi, if you could talk & surf...thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
N00b

scott8813 is keeping up the good workscott8813 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to scott8813

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachin2036 View Post
Hah, that was my next question - if you connected to WiFi, if you could talk & surf...thanks!
For such a large corporation, that seems almost like quite a moronic business decision to make to me. Why through out an option that would give their devices a better multitasking capability and at the same time from a business stand point, why would they deny themselves the ability to have you both using up your minutes and at the same time keep racking up the kb on your data plan??? That doesn't make sense at all to me, but then again if you have ever spoken with almost any sprint representative you are aware that your 4 year old sister could probably get a job there and have the same knowledge of what she's doing as everyone else. All I know is that my ancient ppc-6700 didn't even have wifi capability but I could still talk to someone on speakerphone while surfing the net.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
For such a large corporation, that seems almost like quite a moronic business decision to make to me. Why through out an option that would give their devices a better multitasking capability and at the same time from a business stand point, why would they deny themselves the ability to have you both using up your minutes and at the same time keep racking up the kb on your data plan??? That doesn't make sense at all to me, but then again if you have ever spoken with almost any sprint representative you are aware that your 4 year old sister could probably get a job there and have the same knowledge of what she's doing as everyone else. All I know is that my ancient ppc-6700 didn't even have wifi capability but I could still talk to someone on speakerphone while surfing the net.
My PPC-6700 had wi-fi... unless I was crazy.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2