PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Updated 6.5... Stuck in 1x during calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115621)

aosinc 03-24-2010 02:43 PM

Updated 6.5... Stuck in 1x during calls

sorry if this has been ask but I recently updated to the 6.5 at the sprint store and im stuck in 1x during phone calls ?I do have ev when not on a call. Before I updated I never had this problem? Any fixes for this ?
Any help will be much appreciated !
Thanks

meatgel 03-24-2010 02:44 PM

Re: Updated 6.5... Stuck in 1x during calls

ev is for data ... 1x for calls and texts

austin420 03-24-2010 02:48 PM

sounds like its working just fine. as stated above 1x is for voice and ev is for data.

00_MACKIE_00 03-24-2010 02:53 PM

hmm..strange

Touhy 03-24-2010 02:55 PM

yep its always 1x for calls, thats why you cant surf and chat at the same time. at least not until 4g. =)

scott8813 03-24-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touhy (Post 1656582)
yep its always 1x for calls, thats why you cant surf and chat at the same time. at least not until 4g. =)

see, that's what I had to come to believe and accept as fact myself. The sad truth of the matter is that I remember way way back when I had my PPC-6700 (predecessor to the mogul) and it was more than capable of performing both tasks at the same time. I was if it had two seperate radio transmitters working side by side instead of having to switch from one to the other.

Q_Q 03-24-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott8813 (Post 1656609)
see, that's what I had to come to believe and accept as fact myself. The sad truth of the matter is that I remember way way back when I had my PPC-6700 (predecessor to the mogul) and it was more than capable of performing both tasks at the same time. I was if it had two seperate radio transmitters working side by side instead of having to switch from one to the other.

I've read a debate on what you wrote above in the past & from what I recall, Sprint were testing some EV_DV equipment but chose to go with VZW's selection of EV_DO as the platform of choice.

http://connectedplanetonline.com/mag/telecom_evdv_dead/

You can however surf the web and talk if you use WiFi on your phone.

zachin2036 03-24-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q_Q (Post 1656861)
I've read a debate on what you wrote above in the past & from what I recall, Sprint were testing some EV_DV equipment but chose to go with VZW's selection of EV_DO as the platform of choice.

http://connectedplanetonline.com/mag/telecom_evdv_dead/

You can however surf the web and talk if you use WiFi on your phone.

Hah, that was my next question - if you connected to WiFi, if you could talk & surf...thanks!

scott8813 03-24-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachin2036 (Post 1656878)
Hah, that was my next question - if you connected to WiFi, if you could talk & surf...thanks!

For such a large corporation, that seems almost like quite a moronic business decision to make to me. Why through out an option that would give their devices a better multitasking capability and at the same time from a business stand point, why would they deny themselves the ability to have you both using up your minutes and at the same time keep racking up the kb on your data plan??? That doesn't make sense at all to me, but then again if you have ever spoken with almost any sprint representative you are aware that your 4 year old sister could probably get a job there and have the same knowledge of what she's doing as everyone else. All I know is that my ancient ppc-6700 didn't even have wifi capability but I could still talk to someone on speakerphone while surfing the net.

land2634 03-24-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott8813 (Post 1656933)
For such a large corporation, that seems almost like quite a moronic business decision to make to me. Why through out an option that would give their devices a better multitasking capability and at the same time from a business stand point, why would they deny themselves the ability to have you both using up your minutes and at the same time keep racking up the kb on your data plan??? That doesn't make sense at all to me, but then again if you have ever spoken with almost any sprint representative you are aware that your 4 year old sister could probably get a job there and have the same knowledge of what she's doing as everyone else. All I know is that my ancient ppc-6700 didn't even have wifi capability but I could still talk to someone on speakerphone while surfing the net.

My PPC-6700 had wi-fi... unless I was crazy.