PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro 2 wired headset issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115610)

johnpro112 03-24-2010 01:41 PM

Touch Pro 2 wired headset issue

Hey guy's im experience a very weird issue with my heasset on my touch pro 2 (I tried 2 different of the same headsets). I'm using the original headset that came with the tp1 and no matter what I do it keep on making phones call or going to voice command i tried several roms and for each rom it makes phone calls even while the phone is asleep. Does anyone have a fix or know what i'm talking about? The issue is like the phone is registering the usb headset pressing the talk and hold button all the time.

zachin2036 03-24-2010 01:45 PM

Re: Touch Pro 2 wired headset issue

I just posted earlier - seems like the talk button on my headset is somehow starting WMP when I hang up on a call holding that button. Sorry, I'm no help - but I feel your pain!

johnpro112 03-24-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachin2036 (Post 1656363)
I just posted earlier - seems like the talk button on my headset is somehow starting WMP when I hang up on a call holding that button. Sorry, I'm no help - but I feel your pain!

Mine is the opposite while listening to WMP i don't even press the hold the talk/end button on the headset it automatically starts a phone call or voice command

johnpro112 03-24-2010 02:40 PM

DO any one soppose it's due to the registry in the windows mobile system?

zachin2036 03-24-2010 04:52 PM

maybe if we trade phones the problem will work itself out :)

DJx79x 03-24-2010 05:00 PM

it might have something to do with the connections in your usb port. i know that when i plug headphones into the 3.5mm headphone slot and move it around enough the voice commmand icon will come up eventhough the headphones dont have a mic i know the same would happen with one of my other phones too so it may be a physical issue.

johnpro112 03-24-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrycka79 (Post 1656985)
it might have something to do with the connections in your usb port. i know that when i plug headphones into the 3.5mm headphone slot and move it around enough the voice commmand icon will come up eventhough the headphones dont have a mic i know the same would happen with one of my other phones too so it may be a physical issue.

Oh so you think I should bring it to a sprint store?

johnpro112 03-25-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpro112 (Post 1657472)
Oh so you think I should bring it to a sprint store?

Does sprint cover hardware damage anyway guys?

InfrnalSky 03-25-2010 02:50 PM

This has been an issue with several people, including me. So far I have not found any fixes for it. It just seems that when you have headphones connected to the 3.5 jack, it'll activate voice command and start calling the last number dialed. It has been the same with two different TP2 phones of mine, so it must be the software. It blows, because I was hoping to use the phone as an mp3 player. After my contract is up, I am done with these crappy WM phones. Android EVO, here I come.

lwleedy 03-25-2010 06:46 PM

I have the problem of going to voice command and also dialing the last number. Also sometimes i can only hear out of one ear and if I rotate or push a little on the jack then I hear it in stereo again. It happens on all 4 pair. I have the Bose QC15 and In-ear set even those are bad.

I think it is caused by the number of times the plug is yanked out by catching on something falling off the desk while the head phones are connected. I think the jack shorts out. Just a guess.
Lenny

It's now one hour later and since I wrote the above. I was thinking about it and my wife wanted to go to the store so I took my phone to Verizon I explained the problem and they are shipping me a replacement. It will be here Monday. I'll let you know if the new jack still does it.