PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nsgrimace is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Home Tab - Change Links?

I would like to change a couple things on my TP2 Home Tab, but DO NOT want to install a mod that needs to run. I tried Home Tab and it did what I was looking for but caused a significant reduction in speed.

1) Change the date link so it no longer launches the "set date" calendar box, and redirect this to launch the HTC monthly calendar view.

2) Change the appointment link to launch HTC Calendar in DAY VIEW rather than agenda view.

3) This is for the People tab, I would like it to launch immediately to ALL PEOPLE rather than the shortcuts.

I am assuming this can be done with some HKLU modifications but I have no idea where to find the keys. Can someone tell me where I could make these changes, or better yet, tell me how I can find a specific key that I am looking for (give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish).
Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nsgrimace is a n00b
Re: Home Tab - Change Links?

Really, nothin!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Don't know if it can do it but have you tried Advanced Configuration Tool?

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...tion-tool.html

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-28-2010, 06:04 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

are you running the stock ROM, or the 6.5 upgrade, or a custom?

Help Me Help You
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nsgrimace is a n00b

stock 6.5, it is a work phone with some proprietary apps that I fear wouldn't work quite right on custom. Thought this would be a pretty simple issue, find the reg entry and modify but I guess not, crap.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:01 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

idk what your phone might be doing, but when i click on the date under the clock on the home tab, it goes to the htc calendar view with the whole month showing, and today highlighted.

when i click the calendar "icon" or a calendar appointment in the list, it shows all my appointments for that day.

to launch to all people, just click the people tab, where you have your favorites, and press the "all people" button at the bottom.

thats what im seeing, but im on 6.5.x and i havent tried this on the stock 6.5 rom.

what apps do you think wont work on custom?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nsgrimace is a n00b

The calendar you see come up when you click this has the current date in green, but there are also "set" and "cancel" buttons. If you change the highlighted day and click set it will change the date for the phone.

I have figured out how to place the "all people" link as the left soft key on my home tab through a registry edit.

I use an RSA Token software that requires authentication of the device before installation, microsoft exchange services, and a program called Afaria which monitors installed software and versions, and is used as a push program for corporate to send new versions of software, settings and authentication tools to the phone. Basically a lot of stuff that operates at a pretty low level that would almost certainly fuss about being installed on anything but the two versions of WM it is designed for.

On my previous phone, a Mogul, I had SPB mobile shell installed and was unable to install Afaria because it did not like the program being there, and stated that the software could not be installed on an unauthorized device. After removal it worked fine, but I could not run them both. I realize this had little to do with the ROM, but it is quite particular about installation circumstances.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2