PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Mic? went out on my touch pro 2. Advice?

Yesterday, I called someone and they couldn't hear me. I could hear them and the call was connected. I have called other people as well and the whomever i call cant hear me. I am assuming the mic went out. Everything else works perfect.

Sadly, the water damage sticker was activated the day before! I took it off and the one on the battery is still good. I was wondering how I should get a new TP2 or if there is reason to wait ( Newer phones coming out) . I am unaware of new phones coming out because I have been busy with school.

I know that since the water damage sticker was activated they probably wont give me another. However, I was wondering if I told them I lost the phone, then what would happen. I herd they charge you 50 for a refurb? Im not sure what to do.

Another option that may work is the dead pixels on the screen. I was wondering if I told them it had dead pixels would they look at the sticker. In that its a common issue. Anyhow, any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Edit:
I also thought i might could fix it myself but i have no idea where to get parts.

Last edited by xTSFx; 03-22-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Re: Mic? went out on my touch pro 2. Advice?

you might as well say you broke it because they're gonna charge you anyways hun
Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can report it lost and pay the non refundable $100.if you take it in tho they will tell you keep that device or pay full price.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)
Threadstarter

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks. Ok well are there any new phones coming to verizon soon? say the HD2? If so i can wait a few months. I have a backup phone
Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
Thanks. Ok well are there any new phones coming to verizon soon? say the HD2? If so i can wait a few months. I have a backup phone
best way is report a loss and pay the $100 non refundable, you might get a new one in the box if they dont have any refurb ones in stock.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

cg1977 is just getting started

Just so you know, I have had my TP2 for just about a month now and the same thing has happened to me a few times. Actually, the day it happened the most is when I was frantically trying to call US Cellular customer service for my husband whose TP2 was stolen so they could cancel his service. Everytime I got through to an agent, they couldn't hear me. Unfortunately, I have no advise for you in that matter because I still haven't had the chance to go in to the store. It has been working again though.

As far as the stickers go though, both my phone and my husbands phones have the same stickers. I assume the phones are still under warranty because I know for sure that they have been completely dry.
Good luck!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

My mic went out two months after I got mine. I took it in and they sent me a refurb. Being as you have water damage, you will not get a free replacement. Like people said, if you want another TP2, pay the 100 bucks and get an insurance claim

Don't click me
Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ViperGeek is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to ViperGeek Send a message via AIM to ViperGeek Send a message via MSN to ViperGeek Send a message via Yahoo to ViperGeek Send a message via Skype™ to ViperGeek

I have no advice for the OP, but do know how you feel. My six month old TP2 just went mute on me too. I thought I lost my mind. Nobody could hear me, but I could hear them fine. It also works perfectly via bluetooth.

I'll be visiting my friendly Verizon store tomorrow morning for a replacement. I do have the overpriced insurance, but still believe the deductible is $50-100.

- Dave
Old 04-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperGeek View Post
I have no advice for the OP, but do know how you feel. My six month old TP2 just went mute on me too. I thought I lost my mind. Nobody could hear me, but I could hear them fine. It also works perfectly via bluetooth.

I'll be visiting my friendly Verizon store tomorrow morning for a replacement. I do have the overpriced insurance, but still believe the deductible is $50-100.

- Dave
I felt the same way! It was awkward trying to talk to people. Oh well. That was my first original new TP2. Now I'm on my 4th refurb
Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

man, some of y'all are either really unlucky, or hard on phones. mine is orig from last oct.

OP, I would try to get it fixed through verizon, if the other water indicators are unchanged, they might fix it for free.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2