PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Mic? went out on my touch pro 2. Advice? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115353)

xTSFx 03-22-2010 10:29 PM

Mic? went out on my touch pro 2. Advice?

Yesterday, I called someone and they couldn't hear me. I could hear them and the call was connected. I have called other people as well and the whomever i call cant hear me. I am assuming the mic went out. Everything else works perfect.

Sadly, the water damage sticker was activated the day before! I took it off and the one on the battery is still good. I was wondering how I should get a new TP2 or if there is reason to wait ( Newer phones coming out) . I am unaware of new phones coming out because I have been busy with school.

I know that since the water damage sticker was activated they probably wont give me another. However, I was wondering if I told them I lost the phone, then what would happen. I herd they charge you 50 for a refurb? Im not sure what to do.

Another option that may work is the dead pixels on the screen. I was wondering if I told them it had dead pixels would they look at the sticker. In that its a common issue. Anyhow, any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Edit:
I also thought i might could fix it myself but i have no idea where to get parts.

Ticklemepinks 03-23-2010 01:30 AM

Re: Mic? went out on my touch pro 2. Advice?

you might as well say you broke it because they're gonna charge you anyways hun

Rager02 03-23-2010 01:48 AM

you can report it lost and pay the non refundable $100.if you take it in tho they will tell you keep that device or pay full price.

xTSFx 03-23-2010 09:13 PM

Thanks. Ok well are there any new phones coming to verizon soon? say the HD2? If so i can wait a few months. I have a backup phone

poorlyduck 03-23-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xTSFx (Post 1654579)
Thanks. Ok well are there any new phones coming to verizon soon? say the HD2? If so i can wait a few months. I have a backup phone

best way is report a loss and pay the $100 non refundable, you might get a new one in the box if they dont have any refurb ones in stock.

cg1977 03-23-2010 09:49 PM

Just so you know, I have had my TP2 for just about a month now and the same thing has happened to me a few times. Actually, the day it happened the most is when I was frantically trying to call US Cellular customer service for my husband whose TP2 was stolen so they could cancel his service. Everytime I got through to an agent, they couldn't hear me. Unfortunately, I have no advise for you in that matter because I still haven't had the chance to go in to the store. It has been working again though.

As far as the stickers go though, both my phone and my husbands phones have the same stickers. I assume the phones are still under warranty because I know for sure that they have been completely dry.
Good luck!

QMeli907 03-23-2010 09:59 PM

My mic went out two months after I got mine. I took it in and they sent me a refurb. Being as you have water damage, you will not get a free replacement. Like people said, if you want another TP2, pay the 100 bucks and get an insurance claim

ViperGeek 04-08-2010 12:20 AM

I have no advice for the OP, but do know how you feel. My six month old TP2 just went mute on me too. I thought I lost my mind. Nobody could hear me, but I could hear them fine. It also works perfectly via bluetooth.

I'll be visiting my friendly Verizon store tomorrow morning for a replacement. I do have the overpriced insurance, but still believe the deductible is $50-100. :-(

- Dave

QMeli907 04-08-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperGeek (Post 1687173)
I have no advice for the OP, but do know how you feel. My six month old TP2 just went mute on me too. I thought I lost my mind. Nobody could hear me, but I could hear them fine. It also works perfectly via bluetooth.

I'll be visiting my friendly Verizon store tomorrow morning for a replacement. I do have the overpriced insurance, but still believe the deductible is $50-100. :-(

- Dave

I felt the same way! It was awkward trying to talk to people. Oh well. That was my first original new TP2. Now I'm on my 4th refurb :angry7:

nrfitchett4 04-08-2010 02:44 AM

man, some of y'all are either really unlucky, or hard on phones. mine is orig from last oct.

OP, I would try to get it fixed through verizon, if the other water indicators are unchanged, they might fix it for free.