PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Mic? went out on my touch pro 2. Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
man, some of y'all are either really unlucky, or hard on phones. mine is orig from last oct.
Got my original in October too. Been through 4 phones now (faulty mic, rainbow banding x2, now on #4). None have ever been dropped, exposed to water, or experienced harsh elements. I honestly do not know what is up with the build quality of these HTC devices. Oh well, my "like-new" replacements are free through insurance

Don't click me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Got my original in October too. Been through 4 phones now (faulty mic, rainbow banding x2, now on #4). None have ever been dropped, exposed to water, or experienced harsh elements. I honestly do not know what is up with the build quality of these HTC devices. Oh well, my "like-new" replacements are free through insurance
faulty mic= not your fault.
what about the rainbow banding? isn't that due to excessive pressure on the screen? like living in someone's tight pants pocket? I think google even said that the nexus one shouldn't be put into pockets, that it would cause not covered screen damage.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ViperGeek is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to ViperGeek Send a message via AIM to ViperGeek Send a message via MSN to ViperGeek Send a message via Yahoo to ViperGeek Send a message via Skype™ to ViperGeek
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4
man, some of y'all are either really unlucky, or hard on phones. mine is orig from last oct.

OP, I would try to get it fixed through verizon, if the other water indicators are unchanged, they might fix it for free.
It wasn't abuse in my case. My WM phone lived in a cozy belt pouch it's entire life and has never been dropped.

In manufacturing, there's no such thing as luck. My initial instinct is to blame quality control or a known issue in the design of whichever component is giving up the ghost; muting our phones.

One side note of commentary. I am *VERY* thankful for this forum and thread. Without it, I'd probably still be hard resetting my phone and quadruple guessing myself.

- Dave
Old 04-08-2010, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
Yesterday, I called someone and they couldn't hear me. I could hear them and the call was connected. I have called other people as well and the whomever i call cant hear me. I am assuming the mic went out. Everything else works perfect.

Sadly, the water damage sticker was activated the day before! I took it off and the one on the battery is still good. I was wondering how I should get a new TP2 or if there is reason to wait ( Newer phones coming out) . I am unaware of new phones coming out because I have been busy with school.

I know that since the water damage sticker was activated they probably wont give me another. However, I was wondering if I told them I lost the phone, then what would happen. I herd they charge you 50 for a refurb? Im not sure what to do.

Another option that may work is the dead pixels on the screen. I was wondering if I told them it had dead pixels would they look at the sticker. In that its a common issue. Anyhow, any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Edit:
I also thought i might could fix it myself but i have no idea where to get parts.
get a bluetooth headset, or check ebay for one with a bad ESN for parts.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 04-08-2010, 08:55 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

see if your Verizon store has a defective TP2 that they are sending back to the warehouse, have them swap the TS (as long as thats not what they are sending it back for) Im not sure about VZWs policies but at Sprint, if a customer comes in with a TS/Mic/Earpiece issue, ill take a TS from a defective phone that im sending back.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
faulty mic= not your fault.
what about the rainbow banding? isn't that due to excessive pressure on the screen? like living in someone's tight pants pocket? I think google even said that the nexus one shouldn't be put into pockets, that it would cause not covered screen damage.
Correct, mic was just faulty hardware.

As for the screen, its caused by excessive pressure to screen and heat changes is what I've heard. I definitely DO NOT wear tight jeans , but I do keep it in my pocket when carrying. This is the only reason I can figure. Oh well I guess...
Old 04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ViperGeek is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to ViperGeek Send a message via AIM to ViperGeek Send a message via MSN to ViperGeek Send a message via Yahoo to ViperGeek Send a message via Skype™ to ViperGeek
Smile Re: Mic? went out on my touch pro 2. Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperGeek View Post
I'll be visiting my friendly Verizon store tomorrow morning for a replacement. I do have the overpriced insurance, but still believe the deductible is $50-100.
I'm happy to report that I now have a (refurb'ed) Touch Pro2 with an actual, working mic! The spirits (OK, FedEx) got me a "new" phone within two business days. After sync'ing all my Outlook data and reloading a couple dozen apps, I'm back in business.

One unexpected windfall from this whole ordeal is that I'm now running Windows Mobile 6.5. I wasn't aware that Verizon was shipping WM 6.5 yet. AFAIK, it's not available as an update on their website.

We'll see how long this one lasts, but at this instant in time, I'm not unhappy.

- Dave
Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperGeek View Post
I'm happy to report that I now have a (refurb'ed) Touch Pro2 with an actual, working mic! The spirits (OK, FedEx) got me a "new" phone within two business days. After sync'ing all my Outlook data and reloading a couple dozen apps, I'm back in business.

One unexpected windfall from this whole ordeal is that I'm now running Windows Mobile 6.5. I wasn't aware that Verizon was shipping WM 6.5 yet. AFAIK, it's not available as an update on their website.

We'll see how long this one lasts, but at this instant in time, I'm not unhappy.

- Dave
I got my 4th refurb last Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised in the shipped 6.5 as well. I unlocked and flashed it anyways, but it was still nice to power it on and see a 6.5 homescreen rather than the dull boring 6.1.

Be easy on the screen. The screens on the refurbs don't last. Be very careful how much pressure you put on it. Good luck!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

Jmallit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Jmallit

I am having the same issue on my phone it has been almost a year. I started to cook my first ROM I was going to post here and thought that I had a bad flash or made a bad ROM. Looks like I will be flashing the VZW stock ROM and Relocking the device and headed to VZW today.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just a heads up, I've had my mic not work only when calling a person at a support center. It was the oddest thing, I called them and they couldn't hear me, so I called someone else and it worked fine. Called the support center back, still couldn't hear me. So I called even a different person and also called the support center from a different phone and they could hear me. So basically, if it's a bad mic then it sure is specifically bad for only specific occasions. It happened in the past and I just reflashed thinking it was a bad flash, but back then the only time it didn't work was once again when I was calling a support center (different company). So basically, I wonder if it's not a bad mic but something to do with call center phones not picking it up. I know it sounds odd but I have never had an issue just calling a regular person. It's always when some kind of corporate phone system is involved. I didn't reflash and my mic still works just fine for all the regular people I call. Maybe some kind of odd software issue or the TP2 mic doesn't pickup certain audio ranges that those phones transfer? I have no idea.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2