PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another Goodby Story + Help Needed

Greetings Friends,

For the better part of 7 years I have been a fan of WinMo. I have used 3 differet GloFish devices and 2 HTC devices. I loved them all. To a point.

I have tried every ROM imaginable but I simply cannot make the WinMo platform quick and stable enough for my use. I have tried everything. No apps, no Manila, Stock, Custom, Mighty, Nrgz, MrX etc... You name it, I have tried it. I have always beleived that the next ROM is the one... But it never comes. Always new features and new problems.

No matter what I do, the phone lets me down. I am a salesman and rely on the phone to keep me connected and make a living. Today, I had to soft reset 3 times; of course only at critical moments. Maybe I just cannot get used to the slow rythmm that would help the device. When a call comes in, I can unlock the screen and click the send button so quickly, it seems to freeze on a regular basis if a couple of apps are open. And yes I have tried every lock tool and no lock tools. Eventually I always manage to make the device freeze requireing a soft reset during production hours. Of course I can never make it fail when I am just fiddling with it, only when it is in production.

My question is, which other Verizon platform do people recommend; Blackberry or Android. My goal is speed and relaibility. The only apps I rely on are CoPilot and Pocket Informant.

I am certian that several will recommend that I stick it out or indicate the self inflicted nature of my problems. But as a member of both XDA and a lurrker on this forum for years, I have gotten pretty good at fixing problems. I am truly done and just need a bit of advice before I invest in an unfamiliar platform. I have lots of cradles, a dash kit, plenty of software etc.. so the financial investement is not trivial.

I have yet to meet anyone that does not love their Blackberry, but I am not sure what to expect. I currently use active sync as I rely on Outlook for everything and it creates a near perfect replica of my PC data on the WinMo platform: Always has. I suppose that this what has kept me on the platform for so long. I really do not know what to expect when moving to another OS.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Doug M.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Another Goodby Story + Help Needed

Do you type alot on your device? Do you browse alot? Do you use Exchange?

If not, than BB may be fine to you. Obviously browsing is not as good, and it's mainly a "email-read" device because it's not setup to do serious typing like a TP2 is. But this is fine for most people, and since a BB pretty much works out of the box, it's simplicity is what sells. Some people just want it to work and don't care about tweaking it.

For me, my TP2 works great, and i guarantee you i rely on it for business as much or more than you do, and have never had an issue with it.

but it's all about opinions as you know.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Another Goodby Story + Help Needed

Plutonium rom... all i have to say is great

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2