PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sac65tbird is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 getting stuck in sleep mode

Blklexluthor's solution looks like a good old format c:... My phone has only seen two ROMs since my purchase in February - the official Sprint WM6.1 last release, and the Sprint WM6.5). So for me it appears the Update PRL and Update Profile did the trick. Granted, it's only been 2 days, but the problem originally appeared fast and often. So I'm still crossing my fingers! All looks good. I'm just glad this version fixed the phone screen so when I pull the phone away from my head, it returns to the phone screen instead of the TFlo home screen!

Last edited by sac65tbird; 04-20-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: readability
Old 04-20-2010, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

My tp2 I had replaced did it and I was running silence's rom and now the replacement phone they gave me does it. I hate windows mobile and will never get another one after this Tp2 freaking ridiculous. JUNK
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

I don't think its the WHOLE TP2 WM6.5 ROM upgrade causing the problem. I installed only 1 part of the whole upgrade, the PRI upgrade to 2.20_003 that was cabbed up separately from the rest of the package... No radio upgrade at all, still running stock radio, and EnergyROM (which I have since day one) Every day after the PRI upgrade I find the phone going into its endless slumber... I had literally zero problems before this upgrade (which I guess proves if it ain't broke...) Hopefully this sheds some light on the issue, and maybe somebody can put this theory to the test by flashing back the stock PRI (or myself, granted I can find some time to do such things) Good luck.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I've never had this problem since I got my phone. Maybe because I stuck with 6.1. Have never had a more stable phone. Not a single freeze, standby of death, or issue. 6.1 forever!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G & HTC Touch Pro 2

DeMoNFLiP is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
I've never had this problem since I got my phone. Maybe because I stuck with 6.1. Have never had a more stable phone. Not a single freeze, standby of death, or issue. 6.1 forever!
i'm with you! i had experience quite a few of those annoying issues ever since i upgraded to 6.5 running on both stock and custom! running 6.1 eliminated those issues! 6.1 and forever!

Often Imitated.
Never Duplicated.
HTC EVO 4G!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Lurker

sac65tbird is a n00b

Phone update.... The phone did lock up once last Thursday (3 days after updating Profile and updating PRL). I was, however, doing a lot of connecting and disconnecting with my business laptop with a USB cable with the USB B type connector (not the new D-shape one from HTC). Also had a lot of weak signal, too. It's Monday morning, and no problems since Thursday.

Result: In one week, one lockup. I will accept that so I can have my phone screen appear during a call when I pull the phone away from my ear (instead of the TFlo screen on WM6.1 w/TFlo).

BTW - for those blasting this phone. For ME and others at my office, WM IS THE CHOICE if we want to synchronize with our Lotus Notes work email, handle MS OFFICE attachments (worldwide business standard) and have GPS for traveling. For some, smartphones are not just a toy to pimp!

Good luck, all!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

Well, I performed a Master Provisioning Reset, clearing my phone back to the stock PRI and so far in 5 days I haven't had it freeze up while sleeping again. Maybe thats all it was for me. Time will tell I suppose. Good luck to the rest of you!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Lurker

sac65tbird is a n00b

Update. Phone is still locking in sleep mode on occasion. It appears to occur when I pass through known bad reception areas. Based on some heavy web searching, the trouble seems to point to the radio build in the released WM6.5. Some cooked ROMs claim to have removed the problem by using a newer radio build from Windows, others work because they went back to WM6.1 (which uses a different radio, of course). Some claim by shutting off the CDMA/GSM auto switching, the problem goes away. Others claim by using Task29 to completely erase all memory locations, their problems were removed. I don't believe that. Info points to the radio build. Under software info OS (21889) seems to be the version that has trouble. Nothing official posted by HTC.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bjtech is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac65tbird View Post
Others claim by using Task29 to completely erase all memory locations, their problems were removed. I don't believe that.
I don't believe it either. I did that a few weeks ago before loading MR. I had this problem before and still have it after Task29.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint :(

daze2143 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to daze2143

i've had ppc's since the ppc 6600 all the way to the touch pro 2.. and have to say this one is by far the most annoying unreliable device i've used. the phone stays stuck in sleep mode and i too had to soft reset almost 3x a day.. but i think maybe this could help, if you adjust the backlight setting to a custom one it doesnt freeze as much.. when its set to auto, that's where i've seen the most problems. just a suggestion guys hope it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2