PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Sprint

pavemen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint WM6.5 upgrade: Would you do it again?

Considering flashing the new Sprint ROM but I have my 6.1 version working exactly like I wanted and no complaints right now.

Been overwhelmed with posts here about it, what works, what doesn't, what may or may not be a bug, etc.

For those of you that have done the ROM upgrade from Sprint, would you do it again?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint WM6.5 upgrade: Would you do it again?

yes i would do it again
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC - Touch

mrchris1234 is a n00b

Nope not a chance... battery life dropped from 48 hours (with HTC's own extended battery) to less than 4 hours on average... sadly mine was working great with 6.1 other than a couple of very minor nits... wished I hadn't updated it...
Old 03-22-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

The update is definitely worth it. You get HTC sense, which is a better version of TF3D, or if you like a basic layout, they added the "windows default" home screen, for people who don't need all the foo foo and eye candy. The only feature that might not go over too well, is the honeycomb start menu, but it's easy to replace. BTW, battery life is fine.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

good thread. i have delayed my switch to 6.5 n have been waiting 2 c what the masses say .. my battery life sux either way so that wont be a reason not to .
Old 03-22-2010, 04:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

perry.rush is a n00b

NO. Actually trying flash the original ROM that I had on my TP2 with pocket express and all - but can't find it exaclty like it was on stock.

My Screen froze when it was hidden, if I went to an "about" tab you couldn't close it out because the red X has been removed from the right corner. Might look at using some of the tweaked ROMs, but the original 6.5 I was pulling off my phone within 24 hours.

Just saying
Old 03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

leerage is keeping up the good workleerage is keeping up the good work

I'm not sure where users are seeing this battery drain issue. I've been running the ROM since it released and have yet to see an issue with battery life. Personally for me, battery life is the same or has improved just a bit. If you are burning through an extended battery in 4 hours, you got other problems then the ROM!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I don't have any of the problems others are reporting. Battery life is good. Seems like alot of people don't do a hard reset after flashing, or they are adding some cabs for 6.1 that are messing things up.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Battery life would depend greatly on how good your service signal is. I have pretty poor service where I live, living on the fringe of EVDO as well. With the stock 6.1 on the Touch Pro I had terrible battery life. With the Touch Pro 2 in the exact same conditions, I get much much MUCH better battery life with the stock 6.1.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Battery life should be within 1% or so of 6.1. If it's significantly different. You need to do a hard reset and figure out what's causing it.

It's Windows people. The O/S won't change your battery life by 90%. LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2