PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2 reboots itself randomly. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115291)

hampshire 03-22-2010 03:32 PM

Sprint TP2 reboots itself randomly.

Anybody having a problem with your phone rebooting itself? My wife and I both have Sprint Touch Pro2 phones and both of them reboot on their own a couple of times a day. It happened with both the 6.1 and 6.5 official Sprint roms and the Juicy rom. The only common things between the phones besides the stock software is Mobile Xpression software and we both sync live.com mail as items arrive. Anyone else have this problem or have Mobile Xpression or live mail without this problem.

Thanks.

gTen 03-22-2010 03:34 PM

Re: Sprint TP2 reboots itself randomly.

Change the radio..its the sprint Radio..had same issue and after I changed the radio it was fixed.

sanjsrik 03-22-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1650210)
Change the radio..its the sprint Radio..had same issue and after I changed the radio it was fixed.

Can you provide a link or some more advice as to what you mean? I just posted this before this thread was posted. Same issue as this poster.

gTen 03-22-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 1650215)
Can you provide a link or some more advice as to what you mean? I just posted this before this thread was posted. Same issue as this poster.

Sprint 1.96 Radio is junk and is the cause of the resets.

If you don't want to unlock your phone: (Haven't tested this myself)
There is a newer radio 2.32 that sprint released with 6.5 but I have not tried it yet but it MAY fix the issue (link below)

If you have unlocked your phone: (This is what worked for me so I can vouch for this)
I am using USC_2.05WV and it fixed my reseting issue, but you must be flash unlocked to install it (link below)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342

Alpine- 03-22-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1650231)
Sprint 1.96 Radio is junk and is the cause of the resets.

If you don't want to unlock your phone:
There is a newer radio 2.32 that sprint released with 6.5 but I have not tried it yet but it may fix the issue (link below)

If you have unlocked your phone:
I am using USC_2.05WV and it fixed my reseting issue, but you must be flash unlocked to install it (link below)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342

He said he is getting resets WITH THE NEW STOCK ROM (6.5) as well as with older one - correct? This new ROM has radio 2.32.00WF. He wouldn't be running 1.96 if he's using the official stock ROM of 3/19, right?

OP, as far as reporting issues with custom ROMS, leave those separate from discussion of OFFICIAL roms. Many of us choose to stay stock specifically for this reason. Dont muddy the water, so to speak. It sounds like youre saying every rom you tried gave you resets. In that case, I'd look at the software youre using.

gTen 03-22-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine- (Post 1650257)
He said he is getting resets WITH THE NEW STOCK ROM (6.5) - correct? This ROM has radio 2.32.00WF. He wouldnt be running 1.96 if he's using the official stock rom of 3/19, right?

If he is having problems with the radio in 6.5 then that radio may still have the issue..either way the USC radio fixed it for me..that I can vouch for.

mswlogo 03-22-2010 03:53 PM

I've run both Sprint stock Radios with Custom ROMs and never had a random reboot.

It's not the radio.

I only flashed new stock ROM to get new radio and then immediately went back to Calkulin's Kitchen and is running great.

gTen 03-22-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 1650277)
I've run both Sprint stock Radios with Custom ROMs and never had a random reboot.

It's not the radio.

I only flashed new stock ROM to get new radio and then immediately went back to Calkulin's Kitchen and is running great.

This does not effect everyone but a few and ONLY effects sprint (and its not everyone on sprint but no one outside of sprint had this issue)..it may be just the towers in our area are playing bad or etc..

But I had resets and USC radio fixed it..so I am giving a solution that worked for me...I tried EVERY ROM and all had reset issues..I flashed the USC radio and it was fixed...that is all I can say.

shaggylive 03-22-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 1650215)

when you flash the stock rom were you connected via activesync? if not then you didn't get the full package.
flashing via bootloader &or card, will unbrick, but once it's running, re-flash by running the exe after activesync connects.

NYC Guy 03-22-2010 07:18 PM

I haven't had a reboot since the upgrade to 6.5 yesterday. I used to experience it several times daily with 6.1