PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any word on the Verizon Sense 2.5 update?

you verizon guys....lol whos laughing now...

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA3SAR View Post
you have to set it up, i just want a smooth version of 2.5 Tried War and man was it slow.
If by set it up, you mean install a single CAB, then yes, you have to "set it up"

The newest War ROM isn't slow at all. If you think it is, you better just stick with 2.1, because War is faster than the Sprint ROM that just released, and there's no way the Verizon ROM is going to be any faster than Sprint's. It'll be exactly the same
Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
Yeah LOL at the verizon people who are using a custom ROM...........just like you! Yeah lol! OMFG! So funny!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post

Since 95% of the posters here have run custom ROMs since the day the unlocker came out, I think most of them could care less about either Sprint or Verizon's "new 6.5 ROMs"

~John
Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

What IS kind of funny is my boss who is on Sprint waited months for the "official Sprint 2.5 ROM" because he figured at that point they would have a correctly working HTC MMS messaging app.

Wrong, Sprint couldn't get it to work right either so they left it out (I laughed about that for 2 days, he was so pissed since I've had it working the whole time in my NRG setup)

~John
Old 03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

oh you guys kill me . dont get your undies twisted. To be honest htc messaging does nothing for me. As well as honestly sprints rom is way more stable then half the cooked one. what im running now. been on enegry tried mighty tried vins. shit i even made my own. sprints is just stable.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

The Sprint ROM is definitely stable (the VZ ROM is too for that matter), my boss is still running it. There are certainly a handful of totally stable custom ROMs available at this point also.

What I don't get is, without HTC messaging working the Sprint ROM does not give you one single solitary thing that wasn't available at least a month ago in a custom ROM so why did it take them so long to release it??

~John
Old 03-26-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

I used to be a big custom instead of stock guy, but all VZW's roms for the TP2 have been great so far. I have tried quite a few custom sense 2.5 roms and all have been buggy to some degree (random lockups and slowdowns), so I'm looking forward to seeing what the stock VZW with 2.5 is like. So far for me on the TP2 the stock roms have been far more stable. For me stability trumps eye-candy any day of the week.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
What I don't get is, without HTC messaging working the Sprint ROM does not give you one single solitary thing that wasn't available at least a month ago in a custom ROM so why did it take them so long to release it??

~John
I think it wasnt a top priority with them getting ready for the 4G, Nexus 1 & EVO release. And HTC MMS messaging just aint stable. Its works on a few cooked roms, but even on those, it can be slow, or prone to crashing. The HW just wont keep up with it. Sprint, VZ, T-mobile, or any other carriers OEM Rom are mainly about STABILITY. They gotta satisfy the power users and noobs. And testing takes a while. Even on the most stable cooked rom i ever used, they all had lil quirks that varys depending on the carrier.

And even though it took the longest, Sprints at least the only CDMA OEM rom running 2.5. So there still ahead of the game.

Last edited by malibu_23; 03-26-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
HTC MMS messaging just aint stable. Its works on a few cooked roms, but even on those, it can be slow, or prone to crashing. .
It works perfectly for me & I've been using it since the ROM I'm running (NRG DUSK) came out in mid December.

I've never had a single lockup or freeze that I didn't directly cause myself (of course it helps that I'm not one of those DBs that restores 4200 text messages after a ROM fash & then complains that texting is laggy).

After seeing how lame the Sprint 2.5 offering is (I've used it quite a bit in my bosses phone) I really could care less if Verizon ever releases a 2.5 ROM.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2