PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

ac0x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any word on the Verizon Sense 2.5 update?

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything on the Sense 2.5 update for the Touch Pro 2 on Verizon that was discussed a few weeks ago and then "disapeared".

With that being the version that Sprint just released, I'm wondering if the Red crew had word they were doing that at the Now crew and were just seeing how it worked and didn't really have an update schedule....
Old 03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: Any word on the Verizon Sense 2.5 update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac0x View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything on the Sense 2.5 update for the Touch Pro 2 on Verizon that was discussed a few weeks ago and then "disapeared".

With that being the version that Sprint just released, I'm wondering if the Red crew had word they were doing that at the Now crew and were just seeing how it worked and didn't really have an update schedule....
last person who had info on this pulled all posts due to problems at work so..... i really dont think anyone wants to get fired over it!! if this is going to come out it wont be long!! also if it is who cares we have the hspl just cook the rom the way u want it !! verizons verison of the 2.5 based rom will not be much different the the sprint rom but none will be better then our custom build rom!!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

Im waiting as well. I would like a smoother version of 2.5. Any update would be awesome....
Old 03-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker

main waiting reason for this is MMS with verizon on 2.5.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac0x View Post

a little birdie told me that it was coming out 10-3-10
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does mms not work with custom 2.5 roms? It works with 2.1 so I assumed 2.5 would be fine.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I'm on EnergyROM Mar 17 Using WM6.5 Sense 2.5. MMS works great for me.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

you have to set it up, i just want a smooth version of 2.5 Tried War and man was it slow.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

I'm using the new version of MightyROM War (that came out last night), along with imnuts' arsoft cab for vzw with no problems.

I would like to see Verizon's version of 2.5 though, try it for a minute, then see if a local chef would use it for a custom rom as it may run better than sprint's on vzw's devices.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:11 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I'm on EnergROMMar 17 with WM6.5 (not 6.5.3), and Sense 2.5. Runs smooth all around, no sms lag, and mms was very easily set up (no cabs, just enter the VZW url + your phone number. And it runs great! Finnally a smoot custom Sense 2.5 rom. Nice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2