PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy
Carrier: Sprint

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any word on the Verizon Sense 2.5 update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
It works perfectly for me & I've been using it since the ROM I'm running (NRG DUSK) came out in mid December.

I've never had a single lockup or freeze that I didn't directly cause myself (of course it helps that I'm not one of those DBs that restores 4200 text messages after a ROM fash & then complains that texting is laggy).

After seeing how lame the Sprint 2.5 offering is (I've used it quite a bit in my bosses phone) I really could care less if Verizon ever releases a 2.5 ROM.

~John
Its all numbers man, I never said it didnt work, but if u do a poll on who has or had it working and who doesn't or didnt get it working, you can see its not that common. With A OEM rom its gotta be the opposite. So im not be surprised if i only see certain features of 2.5 in cooked roms and then its still a uphill battle gettin it to work as it should. you got it workin thaz great, burt what about the rest of us? Lame and working beats cool and buggy all the time man. lol.

Last edited by malibu_23; 03-26-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
Lame and working beats cool and buggy all the time man. lol.
+1

100% agreed

Old 04-28-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

ac0x is becoming a great contributor

Anyone have any word on whether/when Verizon is going to offer their 2.5 Sense ROM? Yes I know (and thank you to) many have msg'd here and pm'd me about custom ROMS, but I'm thinking I'd like to try Verizon's own 2.5 before I decide I want to put in a custom 2.5 ROM.

But I'm wondering of the Verizon 2.5 ROM that was discussed (and deleted from) here wasn't ever really a release candidate, just something that was making the rounds internally because of Sprint's pending WM 6.5 update with 2.5 Sense.

In any case, if anyone has some information about an official Verizon update (even a "yes they will/no they won't"), I'd appreciate it

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
oh you guys kill me . dont get your undies twisted. To be honest htc messaging does nothing for me. As well as honestly sprints rom is way more stable then half the cooked one. what im running now. been on enegry tried mighty tried vins. shit i even made my own. sprints is just stable.
Verizons new 6.5 rom was buggy as heck for me & hated it!.. crashed 2 times in 30 min. Havent moved back to stock since. I make my own & have no connection issues, mms works flawless etc. Learning to customize graphics etc. maybe throw one out in a month or soo for peeps to play with..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
The Sprint ROM is definitely stable (the VZ ROM is too for that matter), my boss is still running it. There are certainly a handful of totally stable custom ROMs available at this point also.

What I don't get is, without HTC messaging working the Sprint ROM does not give you one single solitary thing that wasn't available at least a month ago in a custom ROM so why did it take them so long to release it??

~John
I think they tried to outdo verizons setup which flopped completly! Heard more complaints about sprints new stock then verizons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac0x View Post
Anyone have any word on whether/when Verizon is going to offer their 2.5 Sense ROM? Yes I know (and thank you to) many have msg'd here and pm'd me about custom ROMS, but I'm thinking I'd like to try Verizon's own 2.5 before I decide I want to put in a custom 2.5 ROM.

But I'm wondering of the Verizon 2.5 ROM that was discussed (and deleted from) here wasn't ever really a release candidate, just something that was making the rounds internally because of Sprint's pending WM 6.5 update with 2.5 Sense.

In any case, if anyone has some information about an official Verizon update (even a "yes they will/no they won't"), I'd appreciate it

Thanks.
about the time the update to 2.5 was mentioned.. Peeps here started cooking 2012 manila.. So personally im wondering if they arent playing with it themselves to fix some whoops and hopefully not dummy it down so darn much as all carriers do on stock.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

ac0x is becoming a great contributor

OK.. I gave up on waiting for Verizon (as many of you thought I would ) and flashed the latest MightyRom "Official" (6.5/2.5).

Easy as all h**l

Ran the latest HSPL unlocker, then ran the MightyRom Official (6.5/2.5 5/1/2010) update (via my PC via active sync), then hard reset again. Didn't have to run any special cabs for provisioning or the Verizon keyboard (as seems to have been the case in previous builds). The only thing that I *had to* run was the MMS update (see the MightyRom thread in the CDMA updates section).

Nice. Very nice I especially like the ability to use things like Cookies Home Tab/Tab Editor to do some customizations It does use some more memory than my Verizon stock 6.5/2.1, but never ran a stock 6.5/2.5 so can't compare to that. Battery life is about the same as my Vzn 6.5/2.1 (unless I run the second hand on my cookie clock )

Plus a list of things I DIDNT have to regedit/install on this build that I had to on my 6.5/2.1 (I don't remember the file names of all of these, sorry)

- Quick GPS 2 (to get Telenav to stop giving an annoying pop up)
- The patch to enable all notifications on sms/mms/missed call/email/voice mail (and this build opend up ALL notifications on ALL of those, the patch had a limited list for MMS)
- Phantom message patch
- No Push Internet
- ResProxy
- Text msg "sent" notification "off"
- sdkerts
- Unlock items in slider
- Unlock all camera modes
- Unlock In Call Recording

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2