PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

swak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering not working after Sprint 6.5 install. Help!!!

I feel the registry edits are the way to go because all of the old cabs I tried removed the BT PAN option which I feel is best way to tether. Some say it is slower, I don't notice that if it is, most people seem to agree it drains the battery considerably less than wi-fi. I leave my bluetooth on all day.

Last edited by swak; 03-22-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by swak View Post
I feel the registry edits are the way to go because all of the old cabs I tried removed the BT PAN option which I feel is best way to tether. Some say it is slower, I don't notice that if it is, most people seem to agree it drains the battery considerably less the wi-fi. I leave my bluetooth on all day.
Assuming you have already enabled ICS with a registry tweak, what other registry changes unique to 6.5 stock rom need to be applied in order to match those registry tweaks commonly refereed to as "stealth" tweaks, etc.

There were a couple specific registry changes but I cant find them now. Does anyone have the tweaks or an URL?

Last edited by Alpine-; 03-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Either of the solutions will WORK for tethering. It is just that there were a few registry edits that have been "recommended" to reduce the chance of being isolated as using tethering. Obviously no matter what hacks you make, higher data usage is a pretty large giveaway.

I assume using this .cab ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%202/U...odem%20Fix.cab
from the TP2 tweaks sticky thread is still recommend and works with 6.5. The stealth cab and enable ICS.
Yeah that cabshould work fine, its been used since Mike first posted it and I dont think that I have heard of anyone get hit for extra data using this cab.

And for your ghost text, check out this thread( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t+text+message ) post #4. Its a cab for reseting your text count.

hope this helps man.

Last edited by bdurst08; 03-22-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Ncognito is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Ncognito Send a message via MSN to Ncognito

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong"

Poo434, you sound like you know your way around windows mobile and about the cab files. But from one tech to another, when you have exhausted all possibilities, it might be time to start the puzzle over. Since you have 6.5 on there, I am guessing you have not installed a lot of applications and are too comfortable with it yet. At this time it might be best to start over and flash it again.

I use only 3 cabs. Mr. X & Mighty Mikes tethering hotfix, the two reg hacks for the DLL and changing "Phone as a Modem" to "Sprint" and I use the HTC Wifi Sharing program.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

Pooh434 is a n00b

Hey y'all, I finally got this to work around Wednesday. After a third flash of the Sprint Stock 6.5 ROM, I'm able to tether (in fact, I'm posting via USB tethering now) with only the three changes to the registry. The only internet CAB I have installed is the HTC Wifi Router for wireless tethering. Thanks for all of your help. In my angst to tether again, I was connected the USB cord to the PC too fast. I haven't installed any of the ICS CABs, and I'm still good to go. Thanks again.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my way works

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115051

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2