PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RoadiePC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bunch of questions since updating to 6.5

Hey guys, I wanted to thank everyone for the help I've already received on my phones, I'm a fairly longtime lurker.

Regardless, I have several issues on my phone, starting with when I updated to WinMo 6.5 earlier today. I've searched around the forums, and haven't really found my issues discussed, but I may have parsed my searches wrong. I apologize if I'm touching on anything already covered, a link in the right direction would always be appreciated!

Also, Two things worth noting:
1. I'm running a stock ROM update from Sprint's website
2. On 6.1 a buddy of mine (SpecialAgentSicari) helped me configure the phone, as well as referring me here. I'd ask for his help, but he's out of town ATM.

Anyway, here we go:

First off, I can't seem to remap my buttons anymore. Initially, I had the "speakerphone mute" key bound to locking my phone, and the "mailbox" key acting as "CTRL". Now I can't seem to find any way to change the mappings at all, and it's a bummer. If there's a way to lock the phone automatically upon turning off the screen, that would work, but I still like having my CTRL key--I never use the MailBox, but I use CTRL a lot when writing/surfing/texting/etc. I may be wrong, but I thought that was part of WinMo, but it might be a CAB I need to download.

Also, I would like a way to get the program manager (top-right corner) back, I downloaded a CAB that kind of brought it back, but when I hit the "close" X on any programs, they are still running. I end up having to open the process explorer in the start menu to kill them. Is there a registry hack for X-to-close on 6.5? I'll admit that I'm pretty green when it comes to Windows Mobile, so I don't want to go exploring the registry without a roadmap.

I would also like to get into the original windows settings menu(which might actually solve the first two questions), but the only ones I see are the "streamlined" HTC/Sprint settings menus...Unless those ARE the windows 6.5 menus, which I doubt. I'm very used to the old menu system, and I had all my system sounds mapped(low-battery, new text message, etc), but now the only ones I can get to are the limited settings on the stock ROM.

And finally, I noticed the animated clock, and the animation-cycle it does whenever it comes back into system focus, already touched on elsewhere in the forums. As for me, I'd rather go back to a classic clock(if possible), or just some kind of replacement--I don't know why, but I find it aggravating. You'd think with all the work put into something like 6.5, they'd skip the whole idea of "re-animating it EVERY SINGLE TIME just to show off that it's animated" thing. Weird.

I DID manage to ditch Opera as the default browser, Thanks for that, and Microsoft My Phone saved my contacts and text messages--without outlook, I manually copied the PIM.Vol from my /windows directory, only to find out AFTER the format that something in the PIM's formatting changed between 6.1 and 6.5. trying to shoehorn it back in caused an infinite crash-loop. oops.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful for the update, I really do like a lot of the changes...Okay, maybe not yet, but once I get used to them I probably will...

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

--EDIT--
I found this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115215
and discovered that the keyboard config WAS a CAB. sorry about that. Thanks STRRA. One less thing to bug me.

--EDIT AGAIN--
...Now I'm starting to feel dumb.
found THIS post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...se#post1645507
and discovered that i just didn't look quite hard enough for that process manager. I found it. Thank you augozageek.

So now I guess my only complaint is the flipclock. You guys know how I could get around it?

Last edited by RoadiePC; 03-22-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: .....I'm dumb?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Bunch of questions since updating to 6.5

This thread should answer most questions:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1644823

The regular settings can be found by going to settings/menu/all settings. Or use the cab to go back to normal:

This cab will lock your device when you hit power button:

And fix flipping clock:

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 03-22-2010 at 11:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

here's a keyboard cab for the control instead of messaging button. haven't tested it, but it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.zip (255.8 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RoadiePC is a n00b

you guys both rock. I feel dumb asking so many questions, only to find them myself after posting. FWIW, I'll try to search harder in the future.

thanks for the CABs, I'll try them all out.

Also, I tried going into the chat a couple times to ask around, but I guess it wasn't on any active periods. Just curious, though, how often is the chat populated? is there a specific time-range when a noob like me should go in? I'm interested in installing a custom build, but I'm pretty clueless right now where to start. I am definitely willing to learn, though.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

futrorthodr is a n00b

I cant get the keyboad config cab to work
Old 03-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RoadiePC is a n00b

I'm not sure where you're having problems, so I'll see what I can do to walk you through the use of it:

1. Slide to "settings" tab, then hit "menu"(bottom-right), then "all settings".

2. Hit the "System" icon, then "Keyboard Config"(should be about 4 down/center, portrait mode, if you're running an unaltered flash).

3. Now we're in the keyboard config, hit "menu"(again, bottom-right), and hit "Add Key".

4. Press the key you want to change, noting the "Combine with FN Key" tickbox. This can be useful if you want to create a specific shortcut, without it getting in the way of the key's default use. Remember, however, that if the key has an FN alternative(like the number 2's "@" symbol, you'll overwrite it. Be careful about the key you want to edit.

5. Look at the settings menu that pops up, noting especially the "Key Mode" dropdown.
If you want to run a program, then use "Single/double click, long press". You'll have to tell the program under what circumstances you want your special action to occur, like if you just press the key, doubleckick the key, or hold the key for a moment. That's what the "Event" option is for. After that, the "Action" dropdown is where you tell it exactly what you want it to do.

"Direct key mapping" can be useful if you want a key that your phone lacks(like CTRL on my TP2). Personally, I like having a CTRL key, so I remapped it on my mailbox key.

6. After you've got it set up as you like, hit OK, then MAKE SURE to hit "Update Config". without that, all you've just done won't be applied. When you're done with that, you can close the program and test your new config. there are other options as well, just play around with it. If there's any part of it that you're uncertain on, I'll try to help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2