PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help: Phone is acting like there are headphones plugged in. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115150)

youngnick09 03-21-2010 06:55 PM

Help: Phone is acting like there are headphones plugged in.

My phone is displaying there are headphones plugged in when there is nothing in the slot, so now I can not talk or hear anything on calls and no sound will go through the speakers. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix?

Mr. X 03-21-2010 06:59 PM

Re: Help: Phone is acting like there are headphones plugged in.

look in your usb plug i bet u got a bent pin.

youngnick09 03-21-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1648031)
look in your usb plug i bet u got a bent pin.

I don't see anything out of place, would the USB port affect the headphone jack?

TimH 03-21-2010 07:20 PM

mine would do that when I was running HD Tweaks. I had to do a soft reset to get back to normal, then I eventually just uninstalled HD Tweaks. No problems now. Hope this helps.

youngnick09 03-21-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimH (Post 1648072)
mine would do that when I was running HD Tweaks. I had to do a soft reset to get back to normal, then I eventually just uninstalled HD Tweaks. No problems now. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure what HD Tweaks are but I've soft reset the phone about 2 times now, I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks.

hoopsta1423 03-21-2010 07:40 PM

Happens to me sometimes...I am forced to blow into the headphone jack ala NES cartridge style.

Recursion 03-21-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngnick09 (Post 1648023)
My phone is displaying there are headphones plugged in when there is nothing in the slot, so now I can not talk or hear anything on calls and no sound will go through the speakers. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix?

It sounds like you may have a defective headphone jack. I'm sorry, but if this is the case, you're kinda screwed. I had this happen to two PPC-6700s. The problem is that there is a switch within the jack that gets stuck. If you're willing to, there are a couple things you might try to do.

First, shine a very bright light within the jack to see if there is anything foreign in there or if you can see anything bent. If so, use a sewing needle and try to remove/bend-back accordingly.

Another thing to try is this: remove battery. Wrap an alcohol pad once or twice around a 3.5mm plug and insert the same into the jack. Once it is in the hole, move it all around ... spinning it, pull it in & out (That's what she said.) Do this for about 15-20 seconds. Let it dry completely (5 minutes), then put the battery back in & reboot and try it out.

A defective jack sucks. Hopefully that's not your problem.

Good luck...

youngnick09 03-21-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recursion (Post 1648133)
It sounds like you may have a defective headphone jack. I'm sorry, but if this is the case, you're kinda screwed. I had this happen to two PPC-6700s. The problem is that there is a switch within the jack that gets stuck. If you're willing to, there are a couple things you might try to do.

First, shine a very bright light within the jack to see if there is anything foreign in there or if you can see anything bent. If so, use a sewing needle and try to remove/bend-back accordingly.

Another thing to try is this: remove battery. Wrap an alcohol pad once or twice around a 3.5mm plug and insert the same into the jack. Once it is in the hole, move it all around ... spinning it, pull it in & out (That's what she said.) Do this for about 15-20 seconds. Let it dry completely (5 minutes), then put the battery back in & reboot and try it out.

A defective jack sucks. Hopefully that's not your problem.

Good luck...

Ok thanks, I'll try those out. If they do not seem to resolve the issue, would HTC take the phone in to fix or replace? I'm not sure if it is covered in the warranty.

Recursion 03-21-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngnick09 (Post 1648148)
Ok thanks, I'll try those out. If they do not seem to resolve the issue, would HTC take the phone in to fix or replace? I'm not sure if it is covered in the warranty.

If it's less than a year old, I'm pretty sure they would fix it. But I don't think they're very fast ... so hopefully you have a backup. Also, if it's less than a year old, you could call your phone company to see if they'd send you a new phone. If you're with Sprint, hit Retentions (ask for it by name), and be very clear about what you want & ask nicely. :)

youngnick09 03-21-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recursion (Post 1648155)
If it's less than a year old, I'm pretty sure they would fix it. But I don't think they're very fast ... so hopefully you have a backup. Also, if it's less than a year old, you could call your phone company to see if they'd send you a new phone. If you're with Sprint, hit Retentions (ask for it by name), and be very clear about what you want & ask nicely. :)

Yeah it's less than a year old and I'm with Sprint. I'll try calling them first, thank you very much.