PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

raptors2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sprint win6.5 ROM.. Rocks or Don't Rock

I just wanted to know all of your opinion to Is it worth it to upgrade or Not. I've read more negative review about 6.5 than good reviews.
So please help me out here guys.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: New Sprint win6.5 ROM.. Rocks or Don't Rock

Rocks can get you in trouble
Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

We are here to help you bud but you should at least search the threads before you post ANOTHER thread. Take a look at most of the threads about this update.

For example: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114747

Give some
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptors2k
I just wanted to know all of your opinion to Is it worth it to upgrade or Not. I've read more negative review about 6.5 than good reviews.
So please help me out here guys.
Since you said you read negative reviews I guess you found out it doesn't rock.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

like we need to "conserve" threadspace.... I was wondering the same thing, reading more negative, thinking that only the people that had peeves where writing not those who liked it.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:56 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
We are here to help you bud but you should at least search the threads before you post ANOTHER thread. Take a look at most of the threads about this update.

For example: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114747
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
like we need to "conserve" threadspace.... I was wondering the same thing, reading more negative, thinking that only the people that had peeves where writing not those who liked it.
I have to agree.
I am actually already quite sick of all these Sprint 2.5 threads.
We've had 2.5.2012 roms for a while and I don't see the point in posting all these Sprint specific threads.
Very repetitive and redundant.
Try the rom. It's official.
If you don't like it, flash back.

It's almost like a plague in the forums now, lol.
People posting cabs in threads, this works and this works, lol.
If the cab was made for 2.5.2012, it should work fine on the Sprint rom too.
Anyway,...... Search, read and try to post in relevant threads before making a new one.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

6.5 is a good update although for some reason i am having trouble getting a lock on GPS satellites.. it connects then looses signal.. or only connects to 3-4 satellites ugh
Old 03-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: sprint

batwing is just getting started

I found this upgrade very good in overall.

I ran through a few initial problems, but I had them figure out, mostly with the help reading posts on this wonderful community and actually my experience looks great.

I want to start with a few PRO (just to change the trend to always complain about something)

1 - very responsive

2 - good battery life - after a full day messing around and testing everything, so a very heavy usage, I ended my day at 30% which is in my opinion a very good result, considering I didn t give a break to the device - normal usage I end the day at 50 or 60 %, still pretty good IMO

3 - it does everything is supposed to do with a nice new GUI (Sense 2.5)

4 - Shutter on the cam is AMAZING FAST ! Also it start focusing on your spot immediately, so that save other time as well - This is the best imrovement in my experience, I couldn t stand the cam shutter before

5 - It sported a better version of IE, which "almost" make it a decent browser, although I use mostly Opera and Skyfire

6 - Unified Favorites for IE and Opera under the same Fav folder - This is good and bad, but after I figured it out, I like this solution better, way better.

7 - Install the Cookie cab to enhance the Sense 2.5 is a must, but you coould survive without.

8 - I am Sprint and after a manual modding on the registry (cabs didn t work), I am tethering flawlessy - Although is not directly a PRO on the upgrade, good news is that is working great.

9 - I like the new weather animations

10 - it came with an option out of the box checking for my location and updating weather automatically related on my location - I LOVE IT! it is precise, locates me exactly where i am ( Ive been travelling in a range of 120 miles radius in the last few days) and provides specific weather on the town where I am, never happened before on the previous version

So now I can talk about some CONS:

1 - I had an initial problem with the Task Manager, which desappeared from the top right corner, also i was not able to find the settings about it, to set every App to Shut Down clicking on the X - After a bit of reading, i found a Cab fixing the issue and now is perfectly fine and working the way I want

2 - Opera Favs - As i said before, this is a CONS at the beginning, because for some reason Opera does not use the Opera6.adr anymore and points to the Favorite folder on the Windows folder. Pain in the butt was due to the fact I was not able to restore my favs back and I've not been able to find where in the hell opera has the option to modify the Favorite path location. I gave up, however on the long run i like the actual solution better, because now whatever I save in Opera is straight available on IE, in case i wanna use it, also making the option to import / export favs WAY more simple and natural - Kudos for this solution

Honestly, i did not find any other CONS at the moment, so I am pretty happy and i would suggest this upgrade to anyone using a TP2.

Always double check your operations, because most of the time, issues are related to human error.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2