PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon!

K-OtiK is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to K-OtiK
Just got the Verizon TP2 *Small Problem*

Soo I just got the Touch Pro 2 thru Verizon, (I've always been a Winmo fan) needless to say I am in love with this phone. It came with Sense (obviously) and it was updated to 6.5 already for me so no need to go crazy looking for the right thing to install. Please bare with me as I am a n00b with these kinds of things, but I have a small issue. I did the search and stuff and there is just SOOOOOOOOOO much stuff I don't even know where to begin looking, but this phone is sinfully slow. Omgoodness, I can't count how many times the thing half ass locked up trying to process everything, I give it a minute or two and it'll finally catch up and run like the wind, but I am completely unhappy with the speed of this thing. For instance, my girlfriend just got the MotoDroid and holy shit balls that thing is snappy, it just jumps around and loads everything flawlessly. Im jealous, I think this phone is a beast but she's kickin my ass with how fast that thing is! If it came down to a ROM update or whatever you tech heads call it now a days I'd like to update to something upwards of Sense 2.5. My main thing I am looking for is reliability and speed, **I mean who isn't**

I have a Mac computer that is partitioned and I have Windows 7 installed on the other half, so I'll do whatever I need to do to get this thing running right, but please someone help me figure this out. Remember assume I have no idea what you're talking about...me = noooo genius

But honestly, excuse my ignorance, and THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2W WM6.5
Carrier: Verizon

eyepopper is a n00b
Re: Just got the Verizon TP2 *Small Problem*

starting a support group for us. VZW TP2 WM 6.5

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...35#post1663835

still researching... but we are looking for the same things.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Congrats on the TP2 purchase....I'm really enjoying mine (Verizon also). I was very hesitant to flash a custom rom, but bit the bullet. Holy crap are the custom roms superior in speed and user interface experience.

If you want to stay stock, you may want to hard reset (clear storage in the memory option of settings). See if that speeds things up (note that it will clear all of your settings).

If you feel you'd like to take the plunge and flash a custom rom, I'd suggest MightyROM as it's 2.5 and he keeps it really bare bones and like stock. You'll need to reed how to unlock the phone first (HSPL)....read here COMPLETELY
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Then read the first couple of pages of Mighty's ROM here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579

Don't hesitate to ask questions, and even PM me if you'd like some help!

Good luck with your new new ppc!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mxcrowe is a n00b

I concur with willyjay. I didn't keep my stock VZW ROM long enough to really test it, but I'm pretty confident I never saw the kind of lag you seem to be experiencing. I upgraded from an HTC Fuze, and as much as I loved that phone at the time, it did experience some app bottlenecks you describe (though your situation sounds worse).

On the other hand, my TP2 has been blazing fast for everything, so I suspect something is wrong with your set. One caveat, I did have the 6.1 stock ROM and never upgraded to the 6.5 stock ROM, partly because people warned of laggy response times.

I flashed straight to MightyROM and have been extremely happy with it. You need to read up, but everything you need to know is here on the site, and it's not that difficult in the end. Don't suffer with Android-envy, bro...no need for that.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

try a hard reset (meaning clear memory, not just reboot).

I'm running the stock vzw 6.5 and it runs pretty well.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

xjack is becoming a great contributor

New poster around here! Not new to WinMo!

I've owned my TP2 for about 2 months. It was laggy from the first time I turned it on. Loved the phone, couldn't decide if I could stand the lag. I was upgrading from Treo 700w and considered going back to it. As a longtime WinMO user, I was thrilled by the snazzy new interface, and PO'd about the speed.

Then a friend turned me loose on his TP2 with the Mighty 2.1 release and I was hooked! It didn't take me long to read up, unlock, and install said release, and have since upgraded to the 2.5 official.

If the carriers would provide stock ROMs that worked like the popular custom ROMs, they'd sell a LOT more phones. :twocents:
Old 03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
try a hard reset (meaning clear memory, not just reboot).

I'm running the stock vzw 6.5 and it runs pretty well.
If you do this don't forget to back up your contacts and such

Don't click me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2