PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: batteryt life on sprint 6.5 horrible

Charged my phone fully around 5pm yesterday and now at 12:00pm the next day i'm at 90%. I haven't been using it much, just a few texts and a lil surfing. So if you leave it alone and disable non-sense then it will last. I use Mobile Shell 3.5.3......
Old 03-21-2010, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashoush View Post
what is interesting is it drains the first 10% quickly that slows down.

usually the time from 100% to 90% take a lot longer. We will see. I might just go back to SPB Mobile Shell as that seem to work well.
from 100% to 90% it is a known issue on any rom. its the drivers inaccuracy for the first 10% developers and cooks can back that.

as for the sprint rom. i have to disagree. best battery life by far i have experience. sprint 6.5 is almost perfect except for a few glitches . those can be fixed. I have max manila installed on mine and everything. my battery goes easily over 24hrs.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

j-man22 is just getting started

I would have to agree with the other's on this also
Old 03-21-2010, 01:41 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Battery fine here too,
Old 03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

boxeduphouses is becoming a great contributor

I personally experienced good battery life on the stock Sprint 6.1 rom and am not seeing more or less battery life on the new Sprint 6.5 rom. Since friday I am still on my once a day regimen which includes data usage and listening to mp3's on the stock TP2 battery.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Odeezie is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Odeezie

Weird...I'm getting battery drain, too. My battery life on Mighty's 2.1 was pretty good but on the new stock rom I feel like it's worse.

Last edited by Odeezie; 03-22-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

People with battery life issues, put your phones down and leave them alone...stop playin with them....ehhe....Sometimes I catch myself playing with my phone when something new (ROMs) are installed...tends to drain the battery pretty quick...installing cabs and such can do the same...overall you have to remember this phone isn't one of those turn on and txt and call, its a miniturized computer with a phyical 524mhz processor in it...it's going to go through a battery without thinking twice....

Another thing to do is go to your start button, then scroll down to the bottom and look for Task Manager....open it and see if there are alot of things running....most likly this is where your phone is being drained....actually best bet is to put it as a shortcut on your main screen....if you know how to do that...that way you can just click on it and end the tasks after you've used a few apps....try that..I bet your battery life will get better.....and keep your cab installs to a minimum...

Last edited by ChrisH09; 03-21-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
anyone else notice the horrible battery life. sucks a brand new battery down overnight
I do realize that almost everyone seems to have decent battery life, but like the op, I've noticed that the battery life after upgrading to the stock 6.5 ROM is a little worse - with GPS/wifi/push-Email turned off, I was down to 40% in a day.

I do realize that I was 'playing' with the various options etc on the new interface and getting it 'customized' (not new CABS - except Santod's 16 quick links & Shazam from marketplace) the way I want - so that might be what caused the battery to discharge rather fast. Anyway, I hadn't hard-reset my phone after the upgrade to 6.5, so thought I'd do it now anyway - maybe that will make a difference. Time will tell

But op, you are not the only one who felt the battery 'problem'
Old 03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im having similar issues after 8 hours of pushing the phone and doing a bit of everything im down to 50%....but i think it may be do to the3g connection constantly connection when i slide over the weather tab or just randomly when i go to the home tab

Old 03-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

The best battery life I ever experienced since owning my tp2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2