PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 08:00 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I'm currently looking into the upcoming 2010 Verizon lineup. Maybe an upgrade from the TP2? I've had my TP2 since it's release in September 09, and will keep it for a while (btw, I'm out of contract from VZW since Feb '10 - yay!). I just upgraded my moms phone to the TP2 on Friday. She's been dealing with the blackberry and it's limitations and that godaweful stupid trackball (she does A LOT of scrolling - especially with e-mails. The TP2 touch screen alone will be worth it for her).

So I'm wondering, it seems the upcoming awesome-phones of 2010 are for non-keyboard devices. If the next best phones are keyboardless (OMG I LOVE having this TP2 keyboard!!!!!!!!), then I might as well give my TP2 to my mom, and, (gulp), make the switch of shame to T-Mobile and get the HD2 (if only it had a hardware keyboard. No screen can be big enough, and no software can substitute the feel and use of the hardware keyboard - especially the TP2's amazingly incredible hardware keyboard).

So whaddya say, jump ship for HD2, or wait for a better hardware-keyboarded phone?

Also, a side question: If I give my mom my TP2, will the warranty carry over as well? How would that work?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: From VZW TP2 To HD2... or not (need advice)

my wifes cousin works at a tmobile store at a mall near our house so i payed him a visit yeterday. got to play with an hd2 and a nexus 1. i like u am a HUGE fan of hardware kbs especially the tp2's, but i can honestly say i would go to an onscreen only device for the speed the snapdragon offers. both devices were so smooth. i was really suprised by the hd2, it was like using a whole new os, everything was so much snappier than my tp2. tmobile service is rock solid in my area so that's no concern. i say go play with the hd2 on wednesday and see if u like it. i would recommend it though, while i love my tp2 to death, it seems so ancient after playing with those
Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker
Re: From VZW TP2 To HD2... or not (need advice)

VZW phones warranty last 1 year for the device. So you can move it around anywhere and the 1 year time warranty stays with the device.

Im the same as you but i figured honestly the hd2 has been out for a while in euro now and its almost summer in the states so i know vzw will pop something new for business users with a keyboard soon. So im not swaping for the hd2 or anything atm. I have faith in what is coming.

hope it helped

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2