PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
52 kbps best download speed, HELP

Today I was trying to stream some music using Sirius or ORB i tried both cause i couldn't get the first 1 to work. which was Orb i figured maybe i had a bad signal or something. So i tried Sirius I have Used both for a while without any problems. I knew something was wrong when Sirius wouldn't Stream I would hear about 5 sec of a 5 min song with a full and half way decent signal. I had no other programs or anything running. except sirius at the time. I did a soft reset along with a Clear temp run and clean ram run. and tried sirius again.....same result again.

I was in parking lot and had no obstructions at all (full signal), I then tried speed test from the orb site and at the MOST i would get a 65kbps rate, if it would even register most times it would time out. I was getting aggrevated so i just did a Clear storage and start fresh. with the only app installed was sirius. same result nothing but alot of buffering.
I checked the speed and it was about 45kbps.
So my last resort was a Hard reset I figured this would help a little or just fix the whole thing. but I was wrong. (lol sadly)
Same result again

I just did a Speed test at Mobilespeedtest.com, with the only program installed sirius and the out come isnt to good i would say. It told me that Verizon's avg speed is about 650 kbps and sprint about 560 kbps just to give some of you a idea.
And mine was a ASTONISHING 52 kbps. which is pretty accurate i did the test a few times just to be sure. and before and after a Clear storage and Hard reset.

also tried to watch a short vid with youtube just to see it was low quality and very slow downloading the vid.

I would love for someone to tell help me out with this, i searched on here and verizon and nothing i found helped.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 52 kbps best download speed, HELP

I forgot to mention that if i connect to Wifi i both the apps sirius and orb, IE, Opera work flawlessly.

just installed dot freds task manager and dr sigs stat, i installed these cabs using a new memory card task manager showed that i had 87% cpu usage left the main process, and that the battery operation is normal with a 65-70% on average mah.

so whatever it is, it's tieing up vzw's data connection
Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Myst3ry is a n00b

bump! i have the exact same issue here, except i'm on the 6.5 stock Sprint Rom...

my average connection is around 140 kbps... so what the hell?!?! i have read of people here that they tether with their phone, and some even use it as their main internet connection line! seriously!?! haha

So do they just deal with the EXTREMELY slow connection, or is there some secret unlocking registry tweak things that i don't know of? =/ i really want to tether with my phone, but the connection i currently get is just ridiculous!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Myst3ry is a n00b

btw OP... try using the ##debug# to check your reception info.

also, try this cab if it help any (it did little for me, but heard that it did wonders for others)
Attached Files
File Type: cab SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.CAB (1.3 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Mine is a 6.5 vzw rom, before this happened I was connecting on average around 650-750 kbps until a few days ago and now 45 maybe 60 at best it won't even download yahoo email (5kb worth)in under 5 min.

when it worked at 650-750 kbps it was rite out of the box

i tried net speed boost it didn't help at all really still under 75kbps

what/where......... debug

is net speed boost for all carriers or just Sprint ?

Last edited by Padron26; 03-21-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work
Re: Hi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindrellaa View Post
According to my experience i used this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ for doing for doing internet speed test & got nice solution & i came to know the speed of the internet ...
This site provide internet speed test at cheap cost & they are very much good in providing services ...
If u wanna find your internet speed test use this site & found result ...
pay for speedtest!? are you serious?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

EVDO data speeds vary greatly depending on signal strength and number of users connected to the tower. Try running speed tests at different locations. I have a crappy signal at home so I'm lucky to crack 200 kbs, but at work, it goes over 2000 kbs.

At 52 kbs it sounds like you have EVDO disabled. Did you flash a radio or make any tweeks? What is you signal strength?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
EVDO data speeds vary greatly depending on signal strength and number of users connected to the tower. Try running speed tests at different locations. I have a crappy signal at home so I'm lucky to crack 200 kbs, but at work, it goes over 2000 kbs.

At 52 kbs it sounds like you have EVDO disabled. Did you flash a radio or make any tweeks? What is you signal strength?
i get around 50 kbps at best anywhere it doesn't matter where i am.
it shows me 3G
The night before this happened i installed net speed boost same cab as above and the opera tweeks cab, that same night i had a noticable increase of opera speed. but before i added those 2 cabs i would get a average of 800-1200 kbps speed on average.... nothing below 750.

so i figured that those cabs had something to do with the speed drop i uninstalled.....nothing same result

then a clear memory .....nothing maybe 29kbps at best full signal

then a hard reset , same result

do you think that 1 of those cabs may have changed a parameter some where that would cause this and where do you check to see if EVDO is disabled
Old 03-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

my gfs g1(tmobile) blows my phone out the frame .. i was quite aggravated at that fact
Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@Padron26, I was getting speeds anywhere from the mid 900s all the way to the mid 1300s. I installed the net speed boost cab and now I can't get over 600. It had thje complete opposite effect. Uninstalling it does not do anything either. I was pondering a hard reset but after you said it didn't work for you I'm not sure if it's worth it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2