PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint ROM chefs: Any plans to strip down Sprint Stock 6.5? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115024)

leerage 03-20-2010 08:28 PM

Sprint ROM chefs: Any plans to strip down Sprint Stock 6.5?

As the title says. I'm wondering if there are any chefs that plan to strip down the Sprint 6.5 ROM. So far I have enjoyed the stock 6.5 ROM. Had a couple of tweaks to do (tethering, WIFI router, task manager), but I do see that there could possibly be room for improvement in the speed and responsiveness. :???:

hammodie 03-20-2010 08:43 PM

Re: Sprint ROM chefs: Any plans to strip down Sprint Stock 6.5?

Well this would be my first time trying this, so probably sometimes tomorrw i will dig into the files and tweak them up but dont quote me on that since im a chef learning :)

daddymikey1975 03-20-2010 08:49 PM

NRGZ28 has already released a ROM (possibly 3 ?? ) using the drivers, etc. from the sprint 6.5 ROM ..

I hope this helps

smiznith 03-20-2010 08:53 PM

yeah every chef that has a rom out is using the new manila and drivers in their roms.. mightymike will be dropping his soon, and i plan on releasing my new series by tomorrow if i get all the bugs worked out

leerage 03-20-2010 08:54 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the replies everybody. I was wondering if there was any chefs that specifically did Sprint only and was going to take a look at the 6.5 ROM. Thanks again.

teamsaracino 03-20-2010 08:56 PM

If we have never flashed to a new rom, then we did the spint update and now want to try one of the new rom's that these amazing chefs will come up with. Will we need to run the gauntlet of unlocking ect ect?

willysp 03-20-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamsaracino (Post 1646206)
If we have never flashed to a new rom, then we did the spint update and now want to try one of the new rom's that these amazing chefs will come up with. Will we need to run the gauntlet of unlocking ect ect?

Yes, you'll need to unlock.

But I wouldn't call it a gauntlet - it was very easy and painless.

piscesjoey 03-20-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leerage (Post 1646205)
Awesome. Thanks for the replies everybody. I was wondering if there was any chefs that specifically did Sprint only and was going to take a look at the 6.5 ROM. Thanks again.

JD (jakdillard) and indagroove, all their ROMs are Sprint only and all of them fawking rocks!

willysp 03-20-2010 09:58 PM

:laughing6:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hammodie (Post 1646049)
:scratch:Oka this is the first time i posted so forgive if im in the wrong section it wont be the end of the world. I have been waiting like everyone else for 6.5 to come out and now that it has i couldnt wait to get it. I tried download the first time from the htc website and it took like 3 hours to download it on my work pc and i have a very fast internet speeds. After i download it wouldnt let me open the files it would tell me not supported and i try everything to make it supported but it would work, so i deleted the files and now im in the process of waiting another 3 or so hours to download. Did everyones files take this long ..help ?:protest:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammodie (Post 1646175)
Well this would be my first time trying this, so probably sometimes tomorrw i will dig into the files and tweak them up but dont quote me on that since im a chef learning :)

Best of luck to you, sport! ](*,)