PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Opera 9.5 or Opera 10
I prefer 9.5 9 45.00%
I prefer 10 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else prefer Opera 9.5 OVER 10?

Yea I said it... I prefer Opera 9.5 over Opera 10 Final.

Of course Opera 10 has a nice intro page with the bookmarks and it's menu system is prettier, but it is GOD AWFUL slow for me!

Opera 9.5 is at least twice as fast when loading the same web pages on EVDO or on WiFi. AND Opera 10 is ALWAYS reverting to mobile version of websites even when the option isn't selected.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Any suggestions to solve my issues?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

angelboy is a n00b
Re: Anyone else prefer Opera 9.5 OVER 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
Yea I said it... I prefer Opera 9.5 over Opera 10 Final.

Of course Opera 10 has a nice intro page with the bookmarks and it's menu system is prettier, but it is GOD AWFUL slow for me!

Opera 9.5 is at least twice as fast when loading the same web pages on EVDO or on WiFi. AND Opera 10 is ALWAYS reverting to mobile version of websites even when the option isn't selected.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Any suggestions to solve my issues?
I was actually just thinking the samething, i was all gun hoe after the update and saved it as the default. now i kinda wish i didn't

Old 03-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I with you. The simple fact that you have to set the zoom to a certain percentage is ridiculous to me. Also 9.5 seems to render pages faster then opera 10, at least for me. opera 9.5 and 9.7 are better then opera 10 imho.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I with you. The simple fact that you have to set the zoom to a certain percentage is ridiculous to me. Also 9.5 seems to render pages faster then opera 10, at least for me. opera 9.5 and 9.7 are better then opera 10 imho.
I swear that Opera 10 was made for the HD2 lol
Old 03-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Neither, I prefer 9.7.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALiens View Post
I swear that Opera 10 was made for the HD2 lol
honestly you're probably right.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:05 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This poll doesn't have the option I would choose, so I didn't vote, but I'll comment.

I prefer 9.7 over 10. The deal breaker for 10 is that it doesn't work with the TP2 HW zoom bar.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm going against the grain and prefer 10 over the others.
The pages may render a little slower at times but what's the rush (1-2 seconds...whoa).

Ascetically I think it looks better then all previous versions.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2 (sprint)

topgear1224 is a n00b

I like 9.5 and 9.7's speed but i love opera link in opera 10. A tweak to get the 9 tab home page on 9.7 would be ideal.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor

Since my Sprint cap my connection to 15kb/s where I live, they are both slow. But Opera 9.5 is god awful slow on the software performance side. Of course, I greatly dislike the zoom bar which is unnecessary because for 10 beta you can set the font size to 18pixels minimum and its consistent throughout. Texts on all pages are readable without needing to zoom, and you can turn on zooming as well.

Unfortunately, version 10 lost this consistency and the fonts are whacked out. Therefor, I switched to Opera Mini which has that consistency. Also Opera Mini download the data to Opera server and compress the data to send to my phone, its greatly improve the loading speed for my slow connection at the cost of further losing my privacy.

Also if you set the option for Opera view as Desktop instead of Mobile then it should display the page as desktop view all the time, so I don't know whats the problem there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2