PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What Happened to the onscreen Keyboard On 6.5? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114963)

argeezy 03-20-2010 01:08 PM

What Happened to the onscreen Keyboard On 6.5?

Now after doing the 6.5 update I noticed the onscreen touch keyboard is small and blueish not like the htc one on 6.1. Any way to change it back to the way it was in the settings or something? Thanks...

austin420 03-20-2010 01:31 PM

Re: What Happened to the onscreen Keyboard On 6.5?

Quote:

Originally Posted by argeezy (Post 1645376)
Now after doing the 6.5 update I noticed the onscreen touch keyboard is small and blueish not like the htc one on 6.1. Any way to change it back to the way it was in the settings or something? Thanks...

press the little triangle next to the keyboard icon while its open. you should get options for other keyboards. i think you want full qwerty.

argeezy 03-20-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1645425)
press the little triangle next to the keyboard icon while its open. you should get options for other keyboards. i think you want full qwerty.

There isn't a little triangle thing. The on screen keyboard pops up and that's it. Just a SMALL (compared to the htc one) on screen qwerty keyboard that is blueish.

Is this the digital keyboard you're supposed to have when u upgrade to 6.5 cuz this sucks.

frodobaggins 03-20-2010 01:59 PM

I just checked and I get the "normal" keyboards with the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Mine has the little up-pointing triangle next to the keyboard symbol. Options are: Text Input Settings, <language>, Phone Keypad, Compact QWERTY, Full QWERTY, and About.

About shows it to be the Touch Input, v2.1.

argeezy 03-20-2010 02:02 PM

Ahh yes yes Got it now. For some reason that little triangle would only show up in landscape not in portrait mode, so that's why I didn't see it. MANY THANKS.

austin420 03-20-2010 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by argeezy (Post 1645462)
There isn't a little triangle thing. The on screen keyboard pops up and that's it. Just a SMALL (compared to the htc one) on screen qwerty keyboard that is blueish.

Is this the digital keyboard you're supposed to have when u upgrade to 6.5 cuz this sucks.

below the onscreen at the bottom, no triangle?
screenshot included to show you of what i speak.

austin420 03-20-2010 02:07 PM

oops. looks like while i was taking screenshots, you fixed it. cool.
dont just say thanks. theres a lil button in the corner of the post.
feel free to use it liberally.

Scout123 03-25-2010 01:20 PM

I hope it's okay to tag onto the end of this thread as I also have an onscreen keyboard issue. After working fine, all of a sudden I've got a funky onscreen keyboard showing up. Has numbers only, a few symbols, and the letters p & w...yes, just p & w! I have hit the triangle, and hit the Compact and Full Qwerty buttons, but it's not changing anything. I've tried a soft reset too, but no use. Anybody know what I might have done.

meatgel 03-25-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout123 (Post 1659306)
I hope it's okay to tag onto the end of this thread as I also have an onscreen keyboard issue. After working fine, all of a sudden I've got a funky onscreen keyboard showing up. Has numbers only, a few symbols, and the letters p & w...yes, just p & w! I have hit the triangle, and hit the Compact and Full Qwerty buttons, but it's not changing anything. I've tried a soft reset too, but no use. Anybody know what I might have done.

That comes from the "inbox extenter" tweak I think. The only way to fix it is to reverse the tweak.

Scout123 03-25-2010 02:08 PM

Any clue how that's done? Only tweaks done on this phone are the ones included in the clean-up package, yet this in not a problem I'm hearing from others on that thread...at least, don't think so...