PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VODAFONE NZ

bestfan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint radio 2.32 Differences (TP2)

i flased new official WM6.5 rom 2 days ago, i found the signal is very weak when i was in classroom.

so i flased other personal modified rom yesterday
Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineazn716 View Post
hey guys, what is a radio? its probably a stupid question and all but can someone just give me some short detailed information about it? speaking of radio, didnt sprint use to have a radio type program on here? I dont see it on the 6.5? mine is stock. anyways dont chew me up too much for asking this question. but someone please let me know. Thanks!
A radio is a portion of the firmware that provides data and voice services. (flashing a new radio can provide different behavior in both of these.) Hope this helps, cheers!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfan View Post
i flased new official WM6.5 rom 2 days ago, i found the signal is very weak when i was in classroom.

When you flashed another rom was it with a different radio?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for all the feedback. I just got done flashing. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfan View Post

I'm sorry but last time i did check, custom ROM's do not flash your ROM a new radio lol... I could be wrong though but hmmm..
Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO WOOT!

yznhmr is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I never go by the bars... as they could have changed the scale just to make things look better. I always look at the true numbers on the ##DEBUG# screen.

I haven't noticed much difference at all. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I would also flash the latest stock ROM to grab the new PRI along with the radio. Then flash to whatever custom ROM you want.

Be careful though... the stock ROM comes with the horrible 60660 PRL. 60660 and 60662 have horrible channel acq tables that cause your phone to scan and even try to connect to VZW EV signals. Kills my battery real quick. I can always tell when my phone auto upgrades since the battery starts dropping like a rock and the data starts stalling all the time. I put PRL 60659 on and all is good after that.
Where do you get 60659?

Check out my other habit....
WWW.YZREEF.COM
Old 03-26-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I'm sorry but last time i did check, custom ROM's do not flash your ROM a new radio lol... I could be wrong though but hmmm..
It would depend on what the chef put into the rom, if you cook in a radio then the phone would get a diff radio... I don't think many chefs do that though. So if he flashed to the Sprint 6.5 he would have the new radio even after he flashed to a custom rom. (placebo effect is in play at this time me thinks!)
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yznhmr View Post
Where do you get 60659?
http://www.corolada.com/prl/

Last edited by modembug; 03-26-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: ooops! Thought I saw it on this list! :\
Old 03-26-2010, 12:56 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

running custom rom with stock 6.5 drivers, and new radio. i must say im very impressed. my battery lasted from 1 am till 8 pm the next day, i was beyond shocked. i usually get about 2-6 hours use. granted it was sitting for a couple hours when i was sleeping, but still, to send/recieve about 150 texts. about an hour on the phone and then some web browsing?

very impressed sprint, very impressed

Help Me Help You
Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

nartecurb is just getting started

I have tested all the radios and this is a lot better than the 2.23, but still no where as good as the Telus 1.92 WV radio. If you have unlocked your phone and need to get on a GSM network use the latest radio, but for Sprint network use the Telus. I notice that with the Telus radio I'm able to make and receive calls in elevators and where I sit at work without being dropped, along with the phone ringing instantly. (I'm 26 floors up and surrounded by office buildings). Again, this is just only for my area (Houston), but it maybe different else where. I recommend you try every radio out there for the TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2