PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

skhan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Before Upgrading to 6.5

I have a question before I embark on the upgrade to 6.5. Does a backup and restore work for this situation.

Suppose I backup (using Sprite), upgrade and then restore my apps, would it also restore windows files or just the applications.

If this is not the case, does anyone know of a way to automatically install the missing applications and maybe settings, etc.

Is there an app which can atleast save the application list to a txt file or something so I can have it.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Before Upgrading to 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhan View Post
I have a question before I embark on the upgrade to 6.5. Does a backup and restore work for this situation.

Suppose I backup (using Sprite), upgrade and then restore my apps, would it also restore windows files or just the applications.

If this is not the case, does anyone know of a way to automatically install the missing applications and maybe settings, etc.

Is there an app which can atleast save the application list to a txt file or something so I can have it.

Thanks

It will only restore what you set it to restore. Never the System Files.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

skhan is a n00b
Re: Before Upgrading to 6.5

Anyone know of a way to get a list of apps into a text file. Rather than doing a printout from the add/remove app.

Looking for something like winaudit for PCs
Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eore227 is just getting started

So yeah I was thinking of upgrading too and I have a back up on sprite with my contacts, custom home screen and everything. Now when I upgrade to 6.5 and go back into sprite to restore those things will they transfer over too????
Old 03-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i don't think your home screen will restore, different sense program. but contacts, texts, emails should as long as you set up your email before you restore.
it might just restore whatever it can, but i never do a restore on a new ROM, too many variables. i use myphone to back up contacts, then reinstall programs I want, they are organized on my cab.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

You guys, dont friggin restore anything except for your contacts. Otherwise you will run into problems. Eventhough Sprite,Spb advertise that you can restore from one ROM to another it doesnt work 100%,hell not even 60...lol. I suggest you do a fresh install of your apps,splash screens.....after you upgrade
Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i second this.

Last edited by austin420; 03-20-2010 at 10:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:39 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Austin u friggin everywhere..thxx for all the help u have been providing...
Old 03-20-2010, 02:05 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Did someone say Austin?!?!! lol! he is indeed great help to the forums
Old 03-20-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

killerz298 is a n00b

I am running 6.1 with a few tweaks here and there. I was interested in trying out 6.5 and wanted to know if there was a way to easily get my phone back to EXACTLY how I have it right now? Is there a way to sort of get an image of it as it is now and go back if I don't like 6.5? I don't want to have to screw around with stuff if I go back to 6.1.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2