PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Keen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint 6.5 Rom - Quick Menu gone?

Just installed 6.5 Rom and the Quick Menu (icon in the top right corner to switch between running programs) is no longer there. I didn't notice if it was gone right away, but after I installed I did play around with the settings a bit. I'm thinking I may have possibly disabled it. I soft reset and it was still gone. I then hard reset and it's still not there. Absolutely nothing else is installed on the phone.

Is it gone or am I just missing something? Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: Sprint 6.5 Rom - Quick Menu gone?

You mean your other right I think(left corner). I was just thinking about this and for now this is all I came up with. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105447
Old 03-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Keen is a n00b

That's the start menu that you're referring to. There's that little icon in the upper right hand corner that lets you click it to switch between already running programs. You either switch to the other already running programs or choose to close a program. It's driving me nuts. It has to be there someplace, but I have no idea how to enable it.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:56 PM
truth mirror

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

The task manager? Its in the programs menu. I have mine on the home tab to kill apps that now run in the background.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Sprint)

izackary is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to izackary Send a message via MSN to izackary Send a message via Yahoo to izackary

FYI: "Quick Menu" is what comes up when you hold down the END button, if that's how your settings are configured. You have a list of airplane mode, lock the phone, set vibrate/ringer, terminate your data connection, etc.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Keen is a n00b

I was actually going by what the manual says. It actually calls it a "Quick menu" on page 17 By yeah it's the taskmanager. I installed a taskmanager cab someone else posted and it seems to work fine now.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen View Post
I was actually going by what the manual says. It actually calls it a "Quick menu" on page 17 By yeah it's the taskmanager. I installed a taskmanager cab someone else posted and it seems to work fine now.
FYI be sure to check to make sure programs are actually closing using the X. I see alot of the times it doesnt work right so maybe thats why Sprint had HTC pull it.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mahlon is a n00b

Keen. where did you get that cab? i tried a cab i found on xda and it didnt work.

i will not use 6.5 without the tm since its probably the most use app and without it multitasking is a hastle.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:58 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Try MightyROM Official, it's based off the Sprint WM6.5 stock rom, but it has the taskmanager in the upper right corner of the screen.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM
truth mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahlon View Post
Keen. where did you get that cab? i tried a cab i found on xda and it didnt work.

i will not use 6.5 without the tm since its probably the most use app and without it multitasking is a hastle.
http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/03/...ows-phone.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2