PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   sprint 6.5 update question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/114838-sprint-6-5-update-question.html)

pantr09 03-19-2010 04:53 PM

sprint 6.5 update question
 
i am new i was able to flash my phone fine to mighty rom but now that the update is out for sprint do i have to flash back to stock and relock the phone


thanks in advace for your help fellow ppcgeeks !!

CaliBoyPhillip 03-19-2010 04:54 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
I will answer it in a simple way... no! just flash to the new Sprint ROM.

You do not need to flash to stock nor relock and from now on you just have to flash to this new ROM if you wish :)

EXLINE 03-19-2010 04:54 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
no just flash the new rom

Riley 03-19-2010 04:56 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pantr09 (Post 1642830)
i am new i was able to flash my phone fine to mighty rom but now that the update is out for sprint do i have to flash back to stock and relock the phone


thanks in advace for your help fellow ppcgeeks !!

No, you are good to go. No need to relock. I flash the original shipped then flashed this rom but I did it just out of habit. :)

edit: looks like your covered by Exline and Cali! :)

fredthedj 03-19-2010 04:57 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

will this official rom update also relock my tp2?

CaliBoyPhillip 03-19-2010 04:59 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredthedj (Post 1642853)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

will this official rom update also relock my tp2?

it will not relock you're phone :) so in simple words, no.

xSD 03-19-2010 05:20 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1642861)
it will not relock you're phone :) so in simple words, no.

You're correct, you don't not need to relock to be able to use the phone. However if you ever need to take it in for repair you will need to relock as unlocking the phone voids its warranty.

CaliBoyPhillip 03-19-2010 05:22 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xSD (Post 1642949)
You're correct, you don't not need to relock to be able to use the phone. However if you ever need to take it in for repair you will need to relock as unlocking the phone voids its warranty.


I'll be honest, some store reps are just plain stupid, I have taken in my phone a few times before and I left it unlocked, they didn't even say a word to me about it, just had it on stock and that is it. Don't fight fire with fire though.. just relock it because there are total aholes reps out there.

xSD 03-19-2010 05:24 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1642952)
I'll be honest, some store reps are just plain stupid, I have taken in my phone a few times before and I left it unlocked, they didn't even say a word to me about it, just had it on stock and that is it. Don't fight fire with fire though.. just relock it because there are total aholes reps out there.

Better safe than sorry. I'd never take my phone in with it being unlocked. You might get away with it most of the time, but you'll feel shittier once you get caught.

Where in Cali you from?

eirrom 03-19-2010 05:26 PM

Re: sprint 6.5 update question
 
how do you relock the phone? please do not yell at me :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0