PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

pantr09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint 6.5 update question

i am new i was able to flash my phone fine to mighty rom but now that the update is out for sprint do i have to flash back to stock and relock the phone

thanks in advace for your help fellow ppcgeeks !!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: sprint 6.5 update question

I will answer it in a simple way... no! just flash to the new Sprint ROM.

You do not need to flash to stock nor relock and from now on you just have to flash to this new ROM if you wish
Old 03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

EXLINE is just getting started

no just flash the new rom
Old 03-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantr09 View Post
i am new i was able to flash my phone fine to mighty rom but now that the update is out for sprint do i have to flash back to stock and relock the phone

thanks in advace for your help fellow ppcgeeks !!
No, you are good to go. No need to relock. I flash the original shipped then flashed this rom but I did it just out of habit.

edit: looks like your covered by Exline and Cali!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

fredthedj is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

will this official rom update also relock my tp2?
Old 03-19-2010, 03:59 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredthedj View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

will this official rom update also relock my tp2?
it will not relock you're phone so in simple words, no.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:20 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
it will not relock you're phone so in simple words, no.
You're correct, you don't not need to relock to be able to use the phone. However if you ever need to take it in for repair you will need to relock as unlocking the phone voids its warranty.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:22 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
You're correct, you don't not need to relock to be able to use the phone. However if you ever need to take it in for repair you will need to relock as unlocking the phone voids its warranty.

I'll be honest, some store reps are just plain stupid, I have taken in my phone a few times before and I left it unlocked, they didn't even say a word to me about it, just had it on stock and that is it. Don't fight fire with fire though.. just relock it because there are total aholes reps out there.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I'll be honest, some store reps are just plain stupid, I have taken in my phone a few times before and I left it unlocked, they didn't even say a word to me about it, just had it on stock and that is it. Don't fight fire with fire though.. just relock it because there are total aholes reps out there.
Better safe than sorry. I'd never take my phone in with it being unlocked. You might get away with it most of the time, but you'll feel shittier once you get caught.

Where in Cali you from?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

eirrom is a n00b

how do you relock the phone? please do not yell at me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2