PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Won't let me put in domain name (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114814)

galingula 03-19-2010 01:37 PM

Won't let me put in domain name

Resetting up sync after todays new Sprint Rom.

On my outlook account it won't let me fill in my domain. I don't get it. I fill everything else in, and during the sync it asks for a password but the domain box is greyed out. During the account set up the domain box is there, it is NOT grey, but won't let me put anthing in there

diego_starr 03-19-2010 02:37 PM

Re: Won't let me put in domain name

I'm having the same issue. Everything worked will in 6.1. Thanks!

cigga24 03-19-2010 03:27 PM

If you're using google sync, once you type @gmail.com the domain is gone. Press the manual setup button beneath your email input on first screen then everything works. You also have to uncheck Calendar, in order to sync email;/contacts. You may need to press sync 3 times before it gets everything, then enable Calendar and all will sync well.

MidwestDrummer 03-19-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigga24 (Post 1642742)
If you're using google sync, once you type @gmail.com the domain is gone. Press the manual setup button beneath your email input on first screen then everything works. You also have to uncheck Calendar, in order to sync email;/contacts. You may need to press sync 3 times before it gets everything, then enable Calendar and all will sync well.

There is no need to uncheck Calender. I've never done that, and have never encountered any errors syncing my email, calender and contacts at the same time. I also did not require multiple syncs. You just need to give it a few minutes for all of your data to sync completely.

diego_starr 03-19-2010 03:49 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I'm attempting to connect to an Exchange Server (Outlook).

MidwestDrummer 03-19-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diego_starr (Post 1642819)
Thanks for the reply, but I'm attempting to connect to an Exchange Server (Outlook).

That's what everyone else is talking about too.

mac68 03-19-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer (Post 1642848)
That's what everyone else is talking about too.

I had this exact same problem. It takes your e-mail address and uses the whole thing for your "user name". If you backspace out the domain from the username field, you will be able to enter your domain. I didn't try it but one would think that if you entered the proper FQDN (your internal AD name not your email addy) in the username you could skip the domain field.

galingula 03-19-2010 04:09 PM

Here's what I figured out.

If you try to configure an Outlook account from the flip email page, three icons to the right of home, it won't let access the domain field.

Go to settings

Data services

active sync

And set up the service from there. At least that's how I think I did it

diego_starr 03-19-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galingula (Post 1642907)
Here's what I figured out.

If you try to configure an Outlook account from the flip email page, three icons to the right of home, it won't let access the domain field.

Go to settings

Data services

active sync

And set up the service from there. At least that's how I think I did it

Thanks Galingula. I tried entering it that way and domain is still grayed out for me.

src666 03-19-2010 04:18 PM

It is using the full e-mail address as the user name:

user@domain.com

In order to enter the domain name, you have to remove the "@domain.com" from the user name.