PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

theguyver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Help flashing phone (don't know what else to try)

I'd like to ask for your help installing a new rom to my TP2. So far I haven't been able to get anywhere.

After months of being unhappy with my phone I decided to try a rom. Since I'm very new to this whole rom flashing thing, I'll try to be as clear as possible.

My phone: HTC Touch Pro2 / Sprint / Factory Settings

I know that HTC just came out with a rom for Sprint, but given their track record I'd like to try another option to compare it to.

When I press VolDown + Pwr + Reset I get the red/green/blue/white screen with the following info:

RHOD400 32m SS-BC
SPL-0.63.0000
MicroP(LED) 0x0A
MicroP(KEY) 0x04
TURBO HW/TURBO SW
TP MFG DATA
(bunch of numbers)
Calibrated
Serial

Here's what I've tried so far:

---------------
I downloaded the MightyROM_RhodiumW_WAR_022610.exe, connected to ActiveSync no problem, no antivirus nor firewall on, ran the executable, it verified the phone information, it says my image version is 1.21.651.3, I click update, my phone goes into the red/green/blue/white screen (only difference is that it says USB instead of Serial), then the phone goes into a grey screen with a progress bar at 0%.

The problem is that it stays at 0% for about 10mins until the installer (on the PC) gives up and tells me to remove the battery and put it back. I do this and the phone goes back to normal.

I tried other roms but got the same result.
---------------
After that I tried the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe, clicked on Flash hard-SPL (Automatic flash), and I get the message "Server appears to be down, try again in 5 minutes; or try turning your firewall OFF temporarily"
---------------
After that I tried RhodiumWUnlocker.exe, clicked Flash Hard-SPL, the phone installs enableRapi.cab without a problem, but then I get the message "Please make sure the radio on the phone is turned on and device is properly synced; Please retry or try resetting the phone"
---------------

I tried these at home (Win 7 x64) and at work (Win XP x32) but got the same results.

What do you think might be happening?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

girlshateherbz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to girlshateherbz
Re: Help flashing phone (don't know what else to try)

are you sure your phone is unlocked?
http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

edit: nevermind i'm sorry i didn't read. Hmmm that's odd though. We have a lot of smart people on these forums though, someone is sure to give you an answer. sorry i couldn't help.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/TP2/Moment

DaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to DaddieDiesel

i see that you tried flashing Mighty rom first. First off you should try to flash the
hspl first the you can flash a custom rom. another is that you have W7
check out this post and see if it helps
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=904
Old 03-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theguyver is a n00b

I tried flashing the hspl without any luck. Right now I'm at work so I only have Win XP x32 to play with (tried everything in Win7 at home, as well as XP here at work).

Regarding the post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=904
-----------------
On your Win 7,Vista Machine navigate to:

1) start menu>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>AutoPlay>UNCHECK "Use AutoPlay for All Media Devices"

2)Open WMDC,navigate to Mobile Device Settings>Connection settings>UNCHECK "Allow USB connections".

3) Enter bootloader and run RUU.

**In TP2 case-power off,then hold volume down and press power button while holding volume down).If you see rainbow screen with "USB" word-its a bootloader and device is ready to flash.
**In Vogue case-press power+camera+stick stylus into the hole near mini usb port.If you see rainbow screen with "USB" word-its a bootloader and device is ready to flash.

4)After flash enable WMDC USB Connection and do whatever you need to do.
----------------

Step 3 is not very clear. I can enter the rainbow screen no problem, does that mean my device is ready to flash? If so, what do I have to do next?
Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theguyver is a n00b

Update: I was able to flash my phone with HTC-Sprint's new ROM without a problem.

Does HTC's RUU application has something special that would make it work but MightyROM's doesn't?
Old 03-19-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyver View Post
Update: I was able to flash my phone with HTC-Sprint's new ROM without a problem.

Does HTC's RUU application has something special that would make it work but MightyROM's doesn't?
Yeah, you don't need to be HSPL unlocked to flash the latest Sprint release as they have authorized the release so to speak. All of the custom ROM's on here need to have the HSPL unlocked before you can flash them.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theguyver is a n00b

Any ideas on why RhodiumWUnlocker.exe is not working?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyver View Post
Any ideas on why RhodiumWUnlocker.exe is not working?
RhodiumWUnlocker is to SIM unlock your phone. That's the wrong thing to use. You need to use the hspl unlocker to unlock your phone so that you can flash custom roms.

If it said the server was temporarily down, then maybe it is.
If it suggested to turn off firewall, then maybe you have some software blocking it, or maybe your router is blocking it.

Last edited by razorloves; 03-20-2010 at 04:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2