PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint update is it really sense 2.5? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114804)

p-slim 03-19-2010 12:16 PM

Sprint update is it really sense 2.5?

So after flashing this rom and playing with it, does it really deserve to be called sense 2.5 (the same sense ui the leo aka hd2 runs) with missing htc messenger and no auto rotate with pics and music? Also no homescreen weather animation. I definitely understand why they couldn't do it, because our phones don't have enough ram and the processor isn't fast enough, but they should of called this sense something else, instead of calling it sense 2.5 samething that the hd2 sense is called.

skuddy 03-19-2010 12:24 PM

Re: Sprint update is it really sense 2.5?

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1642015)
So after flashing this rom and playing with it, does it really deserve to be called sense 2.5 (the same sense ui the leo aka hd2 runs) with missing htc messenger and no auto rotate with pics and music? I definitely understand why they couldn't do it, because our phones don't have enough ram and the processor isn't fast enough, but they should of called this sense something else, instead of calling it sense 2.5 samething that the hd2 sense is called.

calling it sense 2.5 is accurate. it actually is one of the newer builds. I understand where your coming from but because they optimized it for your phone doesn't negate the fact that it is in fact 2.5

pdawg17 03-19-2010 12:25 PM

I hear you bro...I just wanted an HTC MMS messaging system so we could fix that finally...I've lost all hope now...

JDM_SOHC 03-19-2010 12:26 PM

I have animated weather on mine..

Young_breedent 03-19-2010 12:28 PM

dude this does include the weather animations lol

pdawg17 03-19-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1642055)

On the home screen though?

austin420 03-19-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdawg17 (Post 1642059)
On the home screen though?

yea. you have to enable your location first.

p-slim 03-19-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuddy (Post 1642044)
calling it sense 2.5 is accurate. it actually is one of the newer builds. I understand where your coming from but because they optimized it for your phone doesn't negate the fact that it is in fact 2.5

if its missing features then its not just optimized, its missing features which means its a different product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1642053)
I have animated weather on mine..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1642055)

I don't have animated weather on my home screen. i'm not talking about that pic under the time, i'm talking about say for instance it was a cloudy day outside, with the real sense 2.5 rom you would see transparent clouds on the homescreen indicating its cloudy outside, if it was raining the the home screen would have raindrops on it, this is what i'm talking about.

piedra92 03-19-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1642072)
if its missing features then its not just optimized, its missing features which means its a different product.

I don't have animated weather on my home screen. i'm not talking about that pic under the time, i'm talking about say for instance it was a cloudy day outside, with the real sense 2.5 rom you would see transparent clouds on the homescreen indicating its cloudy outside, if it was raining the the home screen would have raindrops on it, this is what i'm talking about.

I have full animations on my home tab. This is the FULL Sense 2.5 that was released for the Rhodiums. Footprints, EReader and Docs were from the Leo Roms.

austin420 03-19-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1642072)

on the home screen hit menu and look at the weather demo. maybe ther just hasnt been any weather to display where your at yet.