PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Had 6.1+Mobile Shell. Now 6.5...but add MS?

Just got done flashing to the new ROM, and it went smoothly.

I am wondering for those who were using SPB Mobile Shell, if you are going to install this?

I had it installed on 6.1, have been so use to it, it's hard for me to NOT want to go back.

I do however kind of like the 2.5, and the weather animations, and all that, but have not decided if I want to install MS or not.

Has anyone done so? Do you see it necessary, or are you going to do without?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

That sense stuff is bloatware to me and if I do flash it will be replaced with mobile shell. It just works better for me, its faster and doesn't use as much resources...

*disclaimer for the sensitive*
- This is my opinion and if yours is different then whatever
Old 03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Had 6.1+Mobile Shell. Now 6.5...but add MS?

I'm finding the messaging DEATHLY slow. It doesn't load like MS does. May try it. Gotta see if you can disable the HTC sense or what not. Let me see....
Old 03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

You should be able to disable in settings/today screen. Or usually installing ms will auto disable it...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool. Installed now, and going to try it.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nycxhobbes is just getting started

My 2 cents,

I have been using mobile shell with many of the cooked roms on this forum. Honestly, I really like the sense layout and the weather animations but the deal breakers for me were the fact that the home screen in the sense UI only will show appointments for today and tomorrow, and there is no way to see tasks in the home screen. Mobile shell allows me to pin my calendar to the first page and it will show my next appointments regardless of how far in the future they are and it will show me as many as i designate. Also I like the fact that I can pin my tasks to my home page and see what tasks i need to complete. Mobile Shell with 6.5 works very seamlessly as I believe that there were some issues when running Shell on 6.1 that were not fixed with the lastest Shell build unless you were running 6.5. Personally I use the MSkipPro UltimateV2 customization with Mobile Shell and it works like a charm with Chris' "Sprint Lovers Rom" found in the upgrade section. Aesthetically I like the sense UI but for all practical uses Shell is definitely the better way to go. Please let us know how Shell runs on the new Stock Rom as I'm not sure if there really is any reason for me to flash the new stock rom as I have my phone setup pretty stable and just the way I like it right now.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxhobbes View Post
My 2 cents,

I have been using mobile shell with many of the cooked roms on this forum. Honestly, I really like the sense layout and the weather animations but the deal breakers for me were the fact that the home screen in the sense UI only will show appointments for today and tomorrow, and there is no way to see tasks in the home screen. Mobile shell allows me to pin my calendar to the first page and it will show my next appointments regardless of how far in the future they are and it will show me as many as i designate. Also I like the fact that I can pin my tasks to my home page and see what tasks i need to complete. Mobile Shell with 6.5 works very seamlessly as I believe that there were some issues when running Shell on 6.1 that were not fixed with the lastest Shell build unless you were running 6.5. Personally I use the MSkipPro UltimateV2 customization with Mobile Shell and it works like a charm with Chris' "Sprint Lovers Rom" found in the upgrade section. Aesthetically I like the sense UI but for all practical uses Shell is definitely the better way to go. Please let us know how Shell runs on the new Stock Rom as I'm not sure if there really is any reason for me to flash the new stock rom as I have my phone setup pretty stable and just the way I like it right now.
would like to know this as well

currently have stock 6.1 + shell 3.5.3

i like the phone except the occassional sleep of deaths

i am considering the update to 6.5...but would like to get feedback from others who have done the update ..thoughts/impressions
Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant View Post
would like to know this as well

currently have stock 6.1 + shell 3.5.3

i like the phone except the occassional sleep of deaths

i am considering the update to 6.5...but would like to get feedback from others who have done the update ..thoughts/impressions
I'm going back to 6.1 and MS. Not sure what I have going on with 6.5, but data connection stuff, SMS problems, services.exe errors, and another error, my LED goes off when it was on before on an SMS until I cleared it, SMS delays on the screen and just not happy.

I may try a cooked ROM over the Sprint 6.5 and see what happens. I may have better luck.

All I can say personally, is that I had a stable 6.1 going with MS 3.5.3. Now I have a headache with 6.5, and a device NOT working the way I had it before, and more effectively.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

mobile shells nice, especially you can link task manager to the front and kill all those apps , until they find a decent addin task manager
Old 03-20-2010, 01:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nycxhobbes is just getting started

Quote:
All I can say personally, is that I had a stable 6.1 going with MS 3.5.3. Now I have a headache with 6.5, and a device NOT working the way I had it before, and more effectively.
Ok thanks for the feedback. Personally I'm either going to wait till Chris does an update using the stock rom build (I'm really enjoying his sprint lovers rom) or maybe try one of the titanium roms as I read good things about Malrom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2