PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.192

Ok so the new Sprint 6.5 update puts a horrible white HTC screen up and it is blinding. I managed to flash partially back to the original black HTC Touch Pro 2 screen but then the it still goes briefly to the white/green HTC splash, then startup animation, and the welcomehead.192 Attached is what I found at XDA. Looks like there is a second initial splash. Weird....

************Update***********

Get the fix thanks to Metalmayhem below. So you know you will not hard reset your device. It returns the TP2 splash back to the original black Touch Pro 2 splashes.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Original TP2 Splash.rar (1.55 MB, 463 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 03-24-2010 at 02:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff
Re: Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.1

Here ya go try this.

Original TP2 Splash aka black one.

http://www.2shared.com/file/12215758...P2_Splash.html
Old 03-19-2010, 07:48 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.1

Thread moved for your viewing pleasure.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
Here ya go try this.

Original TP2 Splash aka black one.

http://www.2shared.com/file/12215758...P2_Splash.html
Thank you infinity times Metalmayhem. I have not seen you on here much except for last night so a big Cheers to you! My eyes are not on fire anymore looking at this device boot up anymore.

Have a good day!

Mikee
Old 03-20-2010, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

iamrobk is a n00b

Just wondering, can anyone post a screenshot/pic of this new terrible splashscreen? I really want to see it since everyone seems to hate it so much LOL.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

raptorjet22 is becoming a great contributor

Essentially, it is the "htc" light green logo without the "quietly brilliant" trademark on a white background. I personally like it.. I paired it up with a matching startup animations from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587867

I'm glad someone has the original black "TOUCH PRO2" splash uploaded in case I get tired of the white bootscreen. I used to have that splash paired up with the black startup animation from the link above.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:48 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Ok so the new Sprint 6.5 update puts a horrible white HTC screen up and it is blinding. I managed to flash partially back to the original black HTC Touch Pro 2 screen but then the it still goes briefly to the white/green HTC splash, then startup animation, and the welcomehead.192 Attached is what I found at XDA. Looks like there is a second initial splash. Weird....

Ahh Mighty Mike can you move this to the TOUCH PRO 2 general forum. It is late and I thought I posted it there. DOH!

oh my goodness i appreciate this !!!!!! thanks given
Old 03-23-2010, 12:08 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

holy #^*($($*.......i think i was on that 2shared site to get the original boot 4 bout 5-10 mins trying to figure out where the $^#& the dl is?? but every freaking window just opened up another.

ok wooh saa... can any1 help. i hate the new boot splash

also 2 clear things up 4 me, the dl looked like an exe. i thought it needed to be nb file or sumthing? i also thought you were supposed to flash it like a rom? if that is the case would i need to do it every time i flashed a custom or only if i went stock 2 custom?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
holy #^*($($*.......i think i was on that 2shared site to get the original boot 4 bout 5-10 mins trying to figure out where the $^#& the dl is?? but every freaking window just opened up another.

also 2 clear things up 4 me, the dl looked like an exe. i thought it needed to be nb file or sumthing? i also thought you were supposed to flash it like a rom? if that is the case would i need to do it every time i flashed a custom or only if i went stock 2 custom?
Just run the exe. It self extracting and will run the ruu update utility. It will revert to the TP2 original splashes. No you will not need to run this when you flash to custom roms unless someone changes the initial splashed. As for as I know energy roms where the only ones which change the initial splashes.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post

1) it's probably a self extracting .exe (just as how my rom is packed)

2) It is flashed like a rom

3) Custom ROMS DO NOT include splash nbh's (well some do, but not many) so this would only really need to be done once. unless u go and flash the sprint rom again!

Hope this helps!

---

Doh mike beat me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2