PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

boxeduphouses is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
so is this 1 different than metalmayhem? as in it fix the 2nd part 2 all black, dont know if i read it right an should flash this if its different
I believe mike4funn just added the file to their original post since it was so difficult to get. "Get the fix" refers to the .exe or RUU which will replace the splash screens for you. I have already done so and it works as advertised.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:52 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeduphouses View Post
I believe mike4funn just added the file to their original post since it was so difficult to get. "Get the fix" refers to the .exe or RUU which will replace the splash screens for you. I have already done so and it works as advertised.
not sure...as metalmayhem posted a dl link in this thread but mike say he uploaded exe found on xda on 1st post? he also says metal's exe had a 2nd white splash, after bootsplsh but b4 animated..so sense he said exe found n uploaded from xda fixs this 2nd white splace 2 black? thats why i am a bit confused at the reading...
Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

thanks mike & metal!

Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I would like to start using the stock splash screens from the 6.1 ROM however I am curious if I use this RUU if it will replace the Orange Windows Splash with the Green Windows 6.1 Splash screen right before it boots into windows........I am guessing YES however I would like to know from those of you who have indeed used this RUU....I am semi OCD so it might bother me to see a graphic saying I have WinMo 6.1 which contradicts what OS I really have.......I realize this IS A VERY TEDIOUS unimportant issue however any help would be appreciated so I don't regret flashing the stock splash screens.
I would love to kill that orange WINDOWS PHONE screen....
Old 03-31-2010, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewest View Post
I would love to kill that orange WINDOWS PHONE screen....
That has nothing to do with this thread, what you need to search for is welcomehead.192

A little google search will help ya out. There are a lot. Just use resco explorer or total commander and overwrite the one in rom. Soft reset and you have a new replacement splash.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CBEQsAQwAA
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

w8tvi is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to w8tvi

I tried flashing this from the SD and from a computer and it never works. Either it'll stay on the "Loading..." screen (when flashing from SD), or it will just set at 0% and time out.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tvi View Post
I tried flashing this from the SD and from a computer and it never works. Either it'll stay on the "Loading..." screen (when flashing from SD), or it will just set at 0% and time out.
You need to make sure that your phone has been HSPL Unlocked! It sounds 99.9% like your phone has not been unlocked yet.

This is the FAQ Page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91619
This is where you download the unlocker: http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

Before asking any further questions please refer to either of those pages as they EXPLAIN EXACTLY how to unlock your phone. Once you have unlocked your phone then follow the instructions provided by mikee to flash this splash. This is a very easy process. You just need to read and follow all instructions and SEARCH the forums before asking questions that may have already been answered! Goodluck!!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:17 AM
N00b

Yeah...

I'm not that stupid.
I was going to decompile the nbh with shadowmite's tool, but I couldn't be bothered to see what was screwed up.

I'm running the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM, on an unlocked TP2.
Also, I don't see how your canned "You must be stupid, did you unlock the phone yet? and don't ask me how." text could be appropriate here. You could have just asked if it has been unlocked yet.

Would have been much less insulting.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 AM
N00b

Quote:
Quote:
You need to make sure that your phone has been HSPL Unlocked! It sounds 99.9% like your phone has not been unlocked yet.

This is the FAQ Page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91619
This is where you download the unlocker: http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

Before asking any further questions please refer to either of those pages as they EXPLAIN EXACTLY how to unlock your phone. Once you have unlocked your phone then follow the instructions provided by mikee to flash this splash. This is a very easy process. You just need to read and follow all instructions and SEARCH the forums before asking questions that may have already been answered! Goodluck!!
Quote:
Yeah...

I'm not that stupid.
I was going to decompile the nbh with shadowmite's tool, but I couldn't be bothered to see what was screwed up.

I'm running the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM, on an unlocked TP2.
Also, I don't see how your canned "You must be stupid, did you unlock the phone yet? and don't ask me how." text could be appropriate here. You could have just asked if it has been unlocked yet.

Would have been much less insulting.
Based upon your BRIEF statement as well as my own personal experience which can be seen in earlier posts it seemed like it was related to a locked hspl issue and according your second reply I was wrong. I sincerely apologize for having provided to much information and presenting it in an insulting way.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
N00b

And I apologize.
I was having a bad day and was in a bad mood.

(Note to self: Don't post when in bad mood.)

I finally figured out what was wrong.
Seems I had a bad USB cable.

Sorry again for being b*tchy at you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2