PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Just run the exe. It self extracting and will run the ruu update utility. It will revert to the TP2 original splashes. No you will not need to run this when you flash to custom roms unless someone changes the initial splashed. As for as I know energy roms where the only ones which change the initial splashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
1) it's probably a self extracting .exe (just as how my rom is packed)

2) It is flashed like a rom

3) Custom ROMS DO NOT include splash nbh's (well some do, but not many) so this would only really need to be done once. unless u go and flash the sprint rom again!

Hope this helps!

---

Doh mike beat me
thank you both...but i still cant find to dl spot on 2shared link? (other windows just pop up, very annoying) i did hit the download at the bottom but a gaming window pops up instead.

would i be able to extract this exe and pull the nb or nbh 2 flash off of sd, thats my perferred method
Old 03-23-2010, 12:29 AM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.1

hahahahaha, thats freakin hilarious. its in very small fine print click here, wow

just 2 clarify, i can extract exe, pull ruu.nbh, rename RHODIMG.nbh then flash this by sd card..?

Last edited by kjhadfield; 03-23-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

boxeduphouses is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I would like to start using the stock splash screens from the 6.1 ROM however I am curious if I use this RUU if it will replace the Orange Windows Splash with the Green Windows 6.1 Splash screen right before it boots into windows........I am guessing YES however I would like to know from those of you who have indeed used this RUU....I am semi OCD so it might bother me to see a graphic saying I have WinMo 6.1 which contradicts what OS I really have.......I realize this IS A VERY TEDIOUS unimportant issue however any help would be appreciated so I don't regret flashing the stock splash screens.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

could someone just post the file, I can't get to it at work....and I'm impatient

Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
could someone just post the file, I can't get to it at work....and I'm impatient
here (only cuz if you read my post above, i was having a hell a time finding the dl) but also remember do give a thanks "button" to metalmayhem 4 he is the 1 who uploaded it
Attached Files
File Type: rar Original TP2 Splash.rar (1.55 MB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

so since this is ran like a new rom install, do I have reinstall everything/backup before I install this?

noob question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 AM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceeviper View Post
so since this is ran like a new rom install, do I have reinstall everything/backup before I install this?

noob question.
dont believe so
Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Ok, so has anyone actually tried this out on their TP2 Sprint stock Rom6.5?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:15 AM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Ok so the new Sprint 6.5 update puts a horrible white HTC screen up and it is blinding. I managed to flash partially back to the original black HTC Touch Pro 2 screen but then the it still goes briefly to the white/green HTC splash, then startup animation, and the welcomehead.192 Attached is what I found at XDA. Looks like there is a second initial splash. Weird....

************Update***********

Get the fix thanks to Metalmayhem below. So you know you will not hard reset your device. It returns the TP2 splash back to the original black Touch Pro 2 splashes.
so is this 1 different than metalmayhem? as in it fix the 2nd part 2 all black, dont know if i read it right an should flash this if its different

Last edited by kjhadfield; 03-24-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

boxeduphouses is becoming a great contributor

I flashed using the RUU provided by metalmayhem on the NEW Stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Just make sure that your phone is HSPL unlocked and then connect the phone via activesync to your pc. Once you are connected via active sync run the RUU as you would any other flash utility......its very quick and only flashes the original black Sprint TP2 image instead of the White HTC splash. It will not replace the Windows\welcomehead.192.png image (The Orange Windows Splash Image)so if you want that replaced you will have to do that manually. It also keeps the animated yellow sprint logo. SO THE ONLY THING REPLACED IS THE WHITE HTC LOGO THATS IT!

THIS WILL NOT DELETE ANY OF YOUR DATA. ITS JUST FLASHING THE ORIGINAL TP2 SPLASH INSTEAD OF THE WHITE SPLASH. It never hurts to backup just in case something horrible goes wrong.....however this does not delete any data off the rom other then SPLASH IMAGE!

If this helps please thank me

Last edited by boxeduphouses; 03-24-2010 at 02:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2