PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mswilson2007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
General Questions

As I imagine 1 person won't be able to answer all of my questions...so I shall number them and just answer those that you are able

1.) By definition I guess...what causes the TP2 to run at a higher rate vs a slower rate. Using that definition, in theory which ROM would be the fastest.
2.) Is there an Android Theme or Rom that's actually worth using? I'm currently using the newest Android build for the TP2 and I find it excellent...I love the feel.
3.) (Don't attack me on this) But assuming that HTC releases a phone with WM and very, very similar phone with Android on it...where's the break down between the 2 systems that causes the switch to be so difficult? I'm legitimately curious to know.
4.) Lately, (personal opinion question) as you may can tell, I'm all about speed, and also Twitter. I've been a big fan of TwitDroid despite only just starting using it a few days ago. Are there any suggestions you might would make considering those are my 2 biggest, and most important interests?
5.) Suggestion, maybe a Rom dedicated to Social Networking...I think that would be cool, and heavily used.
6.) Also, are there any Verizon techies that would know...if I make an insurance claim on a TP2. Do I have to get another TP2 or would i be able to get any refurb phone of equal value?

Again, I'm only a frail, young woman...please don't attack me lol...I appreciate the help in advance guys.

Special ShoutOut to those who've put in the time on that Android build...I applaud your efforts!

Last edited by mswilson2007; 03-19-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mswilson2007 is a n00b
Re: General Questions

I shall only bump this once...otherwise I will let it die peacefully. But can anybody help me?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b
Re: General Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswilson2007 View Post
6.) Also, are there any Verizon techies that would know...if I make an insurance claim on a TP2. Do I have to get another TP2 or would i be able to get any refurb phone of equal value?
My experience with Asurion is that after you file a claim, you pay $50 deductible for a refurb replacement. The deductible may have gone up since the last time I used it (2007).

If the phone is defective in some way and still within the warranty period (didn't look at the warranty period for the TP2), Verizon usually is pretty good about replacing your phone... with a refurb. The only time I ever received a brand new phone (to replace the defective one) was when I had the BB Tour. I purchased it at launch and I had issues with it in the first week of ownership. [I ended up returning the Tour within the 30-day return period.]

---
sunNsnow

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2