PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Re: Just because I'm curious--Turn Off/On vs Soft Reset

"soft reset" "shut down turn on" "battery out in power up" are all the same. Also a faster way to soft reset is turning the radio off and back on. same thing. that is why on android when u update the prl the radio disables and enables. you would most likely conserve the same amount of battery in airplane mode (radio off) as powering down. on standby the phone uses hardly any power at all. kind of like asking...does my car use more gas turning off and then on or leaving it running for a minute while you run in someplace. *Not saying to leave your vehicles unattended and am not responsible for GTA* just an example.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:14 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
"soft reset" "shut down turn on" "battery out in power up" are all the same. Also a faster way to soft reset is turning the radio off and back on. same thing. that is why on android when u update the prl the radio disables and enables. you would most likely conserve the same amount of battery in airplane mode (radio off) as powering down. on standby the phone uses hardly any power at all. kind of like asking...does my car use more gas turning off and then on or leaving it running for a minute while you run in someplace. *Not saying to leave your vehicles unattended and am not responsible for GTA* just an example.
yea, but turning the radio off and on doesnt do anything to running programs. a batt pull or soft reset will kill programs, thus the phone running smoother/faster. after a radio "soft reset" the phone will act like you had it in airplane mode.

and to the OP, no offense, but why have a phone if you always leave it in your car?

Help Me Help You
Old 03-19-2010, 05:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

KCHruby is a n00b

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just for clarification, when I meant I turn the phone off, I don't mean just the radio. I mean, using the power button on the top, left hand side of the phone, so it's completely off. No phone, no calendar, no power.

And, finally, for Piranah. Trust me, I wish I could bring my phone into work. I have it becuase I love it and I'm an overly organized individual. Unfortunately, because of my work, I can't bring it.

It seems like the general concensus is that I'm just imagining that the phone runs faster after a soft reset.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:25 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

wow, couldn't imagine a job these days where phones are off limits, i would be worried about leaving a phone in a hot car all day. eventually i think it would damage it (at least where i live).

Old 03-19-2010, 05:26 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

when you turn the phone off properly, it will boot up 'normal'. but via reset or battery, the phone was turned off 'unexpectely' so during boot, the registry will get defragmented, ect...

try ronen's cleanram

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2