PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ShayRivals is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please Help

hey all,

I'm in Oklahoma City covering the NCAA tournament and my screen just went black. No clock, no calendar, etc. I took battery out, reset, but I've got nothing. I can still make calls, receive calls, etc.

Any idea?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Please Help

How can you make calls, can you see the numbers your dialing? Are the lights on the hardkeys lighting up? Did you by any chance sit on it or drop it and break the digitizer?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ShayRivals is a n00b

Yes, when I hit the phone button on the left, the screen pops up and I can dial. I even restarted it and got the green screen with the Windowns Mobile 6.1. Didn't drop or sit on it.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ShayRivals is a n00b

I just went to my settings and TouchFLO 3D was the only thing checked and Today timeout was set at 4hr. Does that mean anything?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Touchflo should be checked and IDL about the today timeout, never checked it before, and mine is not checked. So it sounds like your screen is working if you hit one of the hardkeys, you've just lost your homepage?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ShayRivals is a n00b

Yes, my clock is missing, date, and I used to have a row of options that would allow me to click right on the GPS, weather, TV, etc right from my screen
Old 03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try disabling TF3D and exiting out to your today screen, then go back and enable it. I thought the today timeout was so that I would only display appointments within 4hrs. I don't remember, haven't used it in a while.

Maybe even try keeping TF3D disable and try enabling the clock and other options instead to see if those work, if nothing else at least you have something to get you through your coverage.

Last edited by jason25; 03-18-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

frodobaggins is just getting started

For now, try unchecking the TouchFlo option. Soft reset. See if you get the "normal" WM screens/menus.

If you do, then try rechecking the TouchFlo option (and make sure it's the only one checked). Soft reset again. That might bring it back.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayRivals View Post
I just went to my settings and TouchFLO 3D was the only thing checked and Today timeout was set at 4hr. Does that mean anything?
this is a known issue with some tp2s. you will probably get it to turn on, but eventually you will need to get it fixed. as time goes on it will turn off more often.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-18-2010, 09:07 PM
VIP Member

I agree w/ the disabling touchflo, soft reset and then try turning it back on. Something happened to touchflo, since everything else seems to work and if you can't get it working, do that Jason said, turn the other items on so at least you've got some stuff working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2