PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 Dialer, yes, others have posted, problem still here! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114702)

Rational Dreamer 03-18-2010 06:23 PM

TP2 Dialer, yes, others have posted, problem still here!

:protest: So, first, let me get on my soapbox just in case someone from sprint or HTC reads the posts around here:protest: One should not have to pay for a substitute application, deal with the hazle of the poorly informed employees claiming that whatever is wrong with your phone is caused by a program that fixes what should not have been broken in the first place, and then, hear how one should upgrade and that would solve everything!! I was happy with my Apache!

End of speech... so, if I turn off the skin (using Advanced Configuration tool V 3.3 -incidentally, the problem with answering calls in CDMA phones goes away if you uninstall it after you change whatever you desire and it does stay changed.) on the dialer then I loose the ability to tap on a contact to dial or message.
What I want is to not have any numbers ready to dial (when I delete the call history, the phone switches to showing the speed dials) on the screen. Essentially, what I want is what I had in the Apache, dial separate from call history. Ideally, I would want a button to activate the record a call feature before dialing but I'd be very happy if I could loose the skin and keep the tap to call or message.

I imagine that there are registry edits of which I am unaware that would solve the problem and this would be an ideal solution as it is easier to hard reset than hear another moron tell me that the problem isn't a broken key -all evidence to the contrary; the paint had worn off- but non-sprint non-Microsoft programs. Yes, I am aware that this is exactly what was wrong with the A.C.T.; However, the broken key was the scroll up/scroll down on the side of my Apache. The call answering was a sometimes problem with the Apache. It wasn't until I got the TP2 that it became an all the time issue.

Sorry the message is so long; I've been holding it for a while angry9:

Rational Dreamer 04-07-2010 04:14 PM

Re: TP2 Dialer, yes, others have posted, problem still here!

Doesn't anyone have any ideas? I can't imagine that no one else has had problems with the dialer/call history thing...

tacotoy 04-07-2010 04:18 PM

so you go to answer the call and you can slide the slider and push answer all day long and it never answers???

what else have you changed using advanced config?? i made a few TCP and Network changes once and then it fubared things a bit and screwed up the data end commands from #777

ill see if i can find the 2 fixes you need for it to give it a try

burtonsnow8 04-07-2010 04:22 PM

you can download idialer, then map your phone softkey to open up idialer (or any other dialer for that matter):

Change Left or Right Softkeys in Manila
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila

For Right Softkey (for example, setting it to Comm Manager):
"HomeRSKText"="Comm Mgr"
"HomeRSKPath"=\Windows\CommManager.exe

For Left Softkey (for example, setting it to All Contacts)"
"HomeLSKText"="All Contacts"

Taken from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110249

tacotoy 04-07-2010 04:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
both of these should possibly fix your problem if its what i think it is

try to avoid advanced config.... its easier to make the registry tweaks directly as advanced config is designed for GSM stuff and the registry changes aren't always the same....

Rational Dreamer 04-14-2010 07:07 PM

When Advanced Configuration is installed, yea, I can probably shoot the phone and it wouldn't answer! lol! However, once uninstalled, the changes do stay. The problem is that taking the sprint skin from the dialer away also takes away the functionality of the buttons in favorite people. Granted, this was with sense 2.1 and wm 6.1 so now with the updates -and the "look, I have an iPhone too!" look- the same change might work and I haven't tried it. If it works, i'll post it right away.

Thank you for replying you guys, I was beginning to think that no one else had any problems for which there wasn't a cab waiting :) Taco Toy, what do the cabs do? BurtonSnow8, I have switched the soft keys in the past only to find that the title switched but if, for instance, had any voicemails, the change was overriden and I would end up calling voicemail.

Unknown Zone 04-14-2010 08:42 PM

Rational...dont know if Taco will see this post been awhile since he replied....but the two cabs make reg changes auto which you could do manually.

This problem started with AC I believe in the TP days when a call would come in and you can be pressing buttons all day long and the phone just sits there, so most people who had TPs and upgraded to TP2 know already how to fix.

The "SuspendResume" cab ....fixes the damage cause by AC and restores #777 into the reg key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings] "SuspendResume" which gets changed to GPRS by AC when you change the Data Section on AC.

The "EV Idol to 60" cab does the change for you in reg and disconnects the data when it is "Idol" for 60 sec.

You can do these reg hacks yourself..but the cabs do it for you.

AC is really meant for GSM phones, but most on the functions do work on CDMA phones.