PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Stylus scratches screen!!!!!!!

So I got a Verizon refurbished Touch Pro 2 last Tuesday. I was using it the other day, and was using the stylus to scroll through some text messages. After I got done, I noticed the screen looked different under the light. I suddenly realized there were vertical scratches all up and down my screen.

Let me remind you this is with a certified "like-new" device, with a brand new stylus. It was not my old stylus.

Has anyone else had their stylus scratch their screen like this?

Don't click me
Old 04-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Stylus scratches screen!!!!!!!

Never had this happen with any stylus. Was the end of the stylus damaged? If not go to your local VZW store and file a claim.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

It wasn't damaged at all. I looked right after I noticed it scratched the screen. I don't know if it was just a bad tip on the stylus or what would cause it
Old 04-14-2010, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

ive seen it happen with my friends phone. You definately need to get a screen protector
Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Debris does collect on the screen. When you rub across it you are dragging that debris. This is why you get a screen protector.

Give some
Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Screen Protector dude! Thats all I can say...whenever I get a phone, I make sure to have a screen protector installed before I start using it...if it has the factory sticker still on it and I havn't gotten a screen protector, I leave it on there till I have one. Lesson learned....sorry it happened....
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I had a screen protector and it got to the point where the screen was no longer responsive. I removed the screen protector and had the rainbow banding. I know the screen protector didn't have anything to do with the banding, but you cannot see it until after it has overtaken the whole screen. I had the banding again on the phone after that which didn't have a protector and it came gradual, and I had time to swap it out before it became unusable. I won't put a screen protector on my phone again
Old 04-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Well, then you are taking the lesser of two evils from your perspective. People gave you advice on what to do and you have made your choice. Live and learn I guess.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II Mr. X Rom

craigster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
So I got a Verizon refurbished Touch Pro 2 last Tuesday. I was using it the other day, and was using the stylus to scroll through some text messages. After I got done, I noticed the screen looked different under the light. I suddenly realized there were vertical scratches all up and down my screen.

Let me remind you this is with a certified "like-new" device, with a brand new stylus. It was not my old stylus.

Has anyone else had their stylus scratch their screen like this?
Yep, happened to me on touch pro and touch pro 2. Hard to believe that they can't put a softer tip on the stylus. I use invisible shield now works well , a little tacky but covers up old stylus scratches.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Well, then you are taking the lesser of two evils from your perspective. People gave you advice on what to do and you have made your choice. Live and learn I guess.
Yeah I know, it just bugs me that its a new phone and the manufacturers stylus scratched it. I guess I know never to use the stylus, or be carful when I do

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2