PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Roaming Only Reg Edits= No Evdo/3G?

Hi guys, ive had my tp2 aalmost 3 months now and ive been searching very hard for a way to use "roaming only" and use evdo/3g at the same time with no luck... my problem is that in my home town, my sprint service sucks and i only get 1x data... when i select roaming only, i get better voice signal but still no evdo/3g.

now this is what gets me is when i go to my friend's house and there is no sprint service at all, i roam and get evdo/3g fine as long as roaming is set to automatic... when i go and select roaming only, my phone goes from evdo/3g to 1x immediately.

so my voice roaming only works fine but it doesnt seem to work for data. when i select roaming only, it seems to automatically lock me to 1x... Is there something different i need to do to get the data to roam or something? im really stumped here and ive been fooling with this every since i got my tp2, this is the reg edit i am using:

1st For Home Network
2nd For Home + Partner Networks
3rd For only Partner Networks

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting\NetworkService

ItemCount=dword 00000003

ItemName3=Roaming Only
ItemValue3=dword 00000005

Then Edit

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\InitProv\PhoneSetting
ServiceName=Network Service

ItemCount=dword 00000003
ItemName3=Roaming Only
ItemValue3=dword 00000005

sorry for such a long post, but i wanted to give as much info as i could... can someone please help me out here? ive tried everything i know to try with no luck... ive done tons of stuff to my phone from reg edits to manila customizations but this roaming only just isnt working for me
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Roaming Only Reg Edits= No Evdo/3G?

bump! any1?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2