PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BullyDawg is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Disappearing Phone (Dialer) Screen

My TP2's phone screen occasionally "disappears." When I press the left softkey for "phone" (from my Home tab) or the phone-icon hardkey, the screen stays on the Home tab or whatever tab I'm on. However, the softkeys change as if the dialer screen is active. Indeed, if I press the phone-icon hardkey again, it will dial the last number.

I've tried to change tabs and come back, but nothing works. Only way to fix is a soft reset.

I'm running a stock VzW 6.1 rom. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: Disappearing Phone (Dialer) Screen

bad digitizer? seems like it's getting stuck in transition to me...either you may have sat on the phone or the digitizer is just shitty. Take it to a corporate verizon store and show them and see if they can fix it or replace it...doesnt seem like something that will go away on it's own.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
bad digitizer? seems like it's getting stuck in transition to me...either you may have sat on the phone or the digitizer is just shitty. Take it to a corporate verizon store and show them and see if they can fix it or replace it...doesnt seem like something that will go away on it's own.
Thanks, Yay -- but if its a bad digitizer, why would it:
1. happen sporadically?
2. happen only on the dialer screen?
3. correct itself on a soft reset?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

good question...the only thing i can think of is that corner of the screen is causing the rest to eff up...i don't like suggesting a hard reset but in this case i will only to see if the problem goes away. have you installed any dialer skins? i know you said previously stock 6.1 but that doesn't mean customizations weren't done after the fact so i have to ask.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
good question...the only thing i can think of is that corner of the screen is causing the rest to eff up...i don't like suggesting a hard reset but in this case i will only to see if the problem goes away. have you installed any dialer skins? i know you said previously stock 6.1 but that doesn't mean customizations weren't done after the fact so i have to ask.
Boy, I sure would love to avoid a hard-reset!

Yes, I have installed a few dialer mods:
1. Imraneo's D2 dialer invert.cab
2. Dialer Buttons.cab
3. Dialer & History Colored v1.cab

I installed the last of these about 1 month ago, but only noticed the "disappearing screen" issue in the last few days. No (known) phone drops, sit-upons, etc.!

Again, thanks for any help or advice you can give.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Retired Staff

adding things like that can lay dormant for a while before they rear their ugly head. Something else could have been installed recently that would conflict with any of the 3 you added...try going in and uninstalling anything that has to do with the dialer. It's never safe to install dialer skins or things like that on a stock rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2