PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade????? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114638)

hyattdriver 03-18-2010 08:25 AM

Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade?????

Ok guys and gals, I just wanted to let everyone know how dumb some of the tech support are over at Sprint. I called Sprint yesterday to try and confirm the 6.5 update that is supposed to happen tomorrow the 19th. When I was talking to the tech support the rep told me that Sprint had this meeting earlier in the day to talk about the upgrade and here is what the rep said. "Sprint is not going to be giving the 6.5 upgrade to the Touch Pro 2, Sprint is going to skip over that upgrade and in the second half of this year they will upgrade the TP2 to Window Phone 7.1"........WOW I said, do you know what your talking about? There is no such thing as 7.1, the rep didn't like that remark.... I proceded to tell the rep that there is no phone on this planet right now with "any" carrier that will be upgraded to the window phone 7... the rep laughed at me and insisted it was true and told me that they couldn't wait till the second half of the year to prove me wrong. So I said thanks and called back 3 seconds later and got another rep and they told me that 6.5 is scheduled for the 19th. Either the first rep is on drugs, sleeps during the meetings or someone is playing a joke with them giving them wrong info deliberately. ](*,)=D> Any thoughts??

drewcam888 03-18-2010 08:37 AM

Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade?????

No CS reps know anything. I never believe what they say

CoryNat 03-18-2010 08:42 AM

Never a dull moment with some of those folks. I feel sorry for the ones I sometimes get who really seem to know their stuff. The others give the entire bunch a bad rep.

00_MACKIE_00 03-18-2010 08:45 AM

LOL this is some funny stuff

c0011j 03-18-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyattdriver (Post 1638162)
Ok guys and gals, I just wanted to let everyone know how dumb some of the tech support are over at Sprint. I called Sprint yesterday to try and confirm the 6.5 update that is supposed to happen tomorrow the 19th. When I was talking to the tech support the rep told me that Sprint had this meeting earlier in the day to talk about the upgrade and here is what the rep said. "Sprint is not going to be giving the 6.5 upgrade to the Touch Pro 2, Sprint is going to skip over that upgrade and in the second half of this year they will upgrade the TP2 to Window Phone 7.1"........WOW I said, do you know what your talking about? There is no such thing as 7.1, the rep didn't like that remark.... I proceded to tell the rep that there is no phone on this planet right now with "any" carrier that will be upgraded to the window phone 7... the rep laughed at me and insisted it was true and told me that they couldn't wait till the second half of the year to prove me wrong. So I said thanks and called back 3 seconds later and got another rep and they told me that 6.5 is scheduled for the 19th. Either the first rep is on drugs, sleeps during the meetings or someone is playing a joke with them giving them wrong info deliberately. ](*,)=D> Any thoughts??

How smart are you? I mean.. these forums have been blasted the last couple days saying this Friday the update is coming out.. .there have been internal memos...

But yet you call to confirm? lol Why? What's the point? So you could come on the forums and make a thread that has been beating dead? Serious...

Clipp 03-18-2010 09:27 AM

haha, i never call sprint anymore... everything through ecare as they seem to research more since we can hold onto their written word.

c0011j 03-18-2010 09:34 AM

And the first line reps still do not have any official information on 6.5 (sad I know) so anyone you speak with should not have anything officially to say.

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 09:43 AM

ok so which of the 4 buttons on the front of the phone is going to be rendered useless along with the entire device itself when windows "7.1" is flashed? WOW what friggin idiots...sad part is they probably reproduce...amongst themselves which makes it even worse...I thought calls were monitored for for quality control and training purposes...yeah i can see how well that's going over...like a fart in church i would assume.

ajac 03-18-2010 09:45 AM

lock thread close thread and ban this guy.. why? becasue smell some major bs

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1638286)
lock thread close thread and ban this guy.. why? becasue smell some major bs

so you want to close a would be entertaining experience thread created by a user who wanted to share with us and then ban him? are you new? they dont ban people for sharing experiences...they ban them for sharing opinions...duh!

ajac 03-18-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1638295)
so you want to close a would be entertaining experience thread created by a user who wanted to share with us and then ban him? are you new? they dont ban people for sharing experiences...they ban them for sharing opinions...duh!

I want to close a thread that has no relevance to anything sounds made up and its passing on miss information cause someone on here will believe it post a thread about it and so on and so on.

WorldWide 03-18-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1638295)
they dont ban people for sharing experiences...they ban them for sharing opinions...duh!

Coffee spilled! Lol!

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 09:55 AM

he is sharing his experience in the proper forum leave him alone about it...he has just as much right to post the thread as you to do to complain about it. It in no way goes against the guidelines of thread creation and is quite on topic with what is going on today within the sprint world regarding the 6.5 update.

The Sapient 03-18-2010 10:06 AM

Whether this thread violates the rules of this forum, I don't know. I do know I feel far less contempt for a CSR who makes a mistake about an OS release number than someone who berates a CSR and then goes on line to brag about it.

frodobaggins 03-18-2010 10:11 AM

C'mon, lighten up. At this point in the "when will Sprint release the update saga" we need a little humor. With all the rumors and conjecture that have been thrown about it's just become comical.

Just like the CSR that told me to download the ROM update from the European HTC support site for my Sprint TP2.

c0011j 03-18-2010 10:18 AM

At some point though it really isn't funny. Just like the closed threads about rumors on when 6.5 was coming out .. they should do the same for people who calling asking questions we already know answers to. And then complaining about a bad tech, who probably wasn't even a tech, probably a CARE representative with no tech knowledge.

They should make a carrier forum setup specifically to whine and complain about bad reps. So we don't have to make individual threads that all revolve arount the same issue. If this was another rumor on 6.5 it would have been locked by now.

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0011j (Post 1638356)
At some point though it really isn't funny. Just like the closed threads about rumors on when 6.5 was coming out .. they should do the same for people who calling asking questions we already know answers to.

How can YOU be certain we know the answer? Did YOU see anything first hand to indicate that it is indeed coming out as stated?

c0011j 03-18-2010 10:30 AM

I am pretty confident based upon that document and other information I have that confirmed Friday. But yeah, it could be wrong.... maaaaybee but unlikely
Oh well.... MR will work until then if that is the case.

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 10:33 AM

the "document" means nothing...i asked how YOU yourself know it is going to released. Not what you feel...but what you know.

detroit_doug 03-18-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Ok guys and gals, I just wanted to let everyone know how dumb some of the tech support are over at Sprint.

Quote:

](*,)=D> Any thoughts??

Everyone, its pretty clear this was created for info and humor based just on the beginning and end of the original post

Tomorrow is Friday the 19th and already this thread is degrading into the BS and Drama of the "will it/wont it" and the "prove me" crap again...

Let it drop until Saturday the 20th then either praise or kill the messengers of the update but it doesnt have anything to do with this thread

meatgel 03-18-2010 10:45 AM

Just to stir the pot ....

http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-touc...oming-tomorrow

:)

Mojary 03-18-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

you should post this story here---> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114393 - would be a perfect story for this thread...LOL.

hyattdriver 03-18-2010 10:58 AM

WOW! Ok, I waa talking to tech support, I thought it was funny and sad while trying to get some info on the update. Forgive me for posting my exp. Im not sure about the 19th either but I was just trying to get conf. from Sprint for my fellow geeks.

detroit_doug 03-18-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyattdriver (Post 1638432)
WOW! Ok, I waa talking to tech support, I thought it was funny and sad while trying to get some info on the update. Forgive me for posting my exp. Im not sure about the 19th either but I was just trying to get conf. from Sprint for my fellow geeks.

personally I thought it was funny in an all to familiar sad way the lack of information given or available to the CS of ANY provider has to utilize as a tool to communicate with some degree of reliability with the customers themselves when they call

you would think the providers would understand that the CS are the front line of communication and that having people in that spot with good information for a change would greatly reduce the need for a "retentions" department

I lol'd regardless

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 11:03 AM

i thought it was funny...just confirms my previous statement that the reps are ignorant to say the least.

gottago 03-18-2010 11:18 AM

Are you guys kidding me? I just bought a TP2 because I too heard that WM 7.1 was coming out! J/K\\:D/

WorldWide 03-18-2010 11:23 AM

I too thought it was funny, but like I've said in other threads some people need to get the sticks out of their arses.

c0011j 03-18-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1638452)
i thought it was funny...just confirms my previous statement that the reps are ignorant to say the least.

There is a difference between ignorance and not being informed. I can tell you that this information has not been put out to the majority of the reps. and if they don't know that is because Sprint doesn't want the info released for whatever reason. There are those that do know but have a non disclosure clause and cannot say anything.

I don't know why some choose to pull things out of their arse instead of just saying they don't have the information though.

I wonder what time it will be posted on the Sprint.com site......

00_MACKIE_00 03-18-2010 11:44 AM

Sprint is releasing a rom for the TP2? First I heard of this

Doh! lol

frazell 03-18-2010 12:06 PM

Gotta be kidding me... Wasting calls to reps. Why do we get a new thread like this everyday. If you already know the reps don't know anything (as this forum says a million times a day) then why waste a call to them?

And people wonder why cell phone companies charge so much? Calls are expensive...

If you are unsure about Friday just wait one more day. If it happens it does if it doesn't well it doesn't.

youngpro83 03-18-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0011j (Post 1638255)
How smart are you? I mean.. these forums have been blasted the last couple days saying this Friday the update is coming out.. .there have been internal memos...

But yet you call to confirm? lol Why? What's the point? So you could come on the forums and make a thread that has been beating dead? Serious...

Well actually Im about to call as well. Even tho they post numerous threads about this update. Im just one of those people who doesnt just take the word unless I hear it out of the horses mouth. So you mean to tell me if there was numerous threads about sh*t falling from the sky...would you not turn to the news to hear for yourself?? I mean I was humored by the thread...seriously.....7.1 upgrade told to you by a Sprint rep is just hilarious...That alone makes me want to call and see what kind of upgrade they will tell me Sprint users are getting. We dont even work at Sprint and even we know there is no 7.1 upgrade...unless Sprint is going to surprise us??:mrgreen: But I mean for real tho this comment you made was really unnecessary. So on that note....let me grab my cordless and dial the famous numbers....1-888-211-4727:mrgreen:

youngpro83 03-18-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottago (Post 1638492)
Are you guys kidding me? I just bought a TP2 because I too heard that WM 7.1 was coming out! J/K\\:D/

:laughing3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldWide (Post 1638508)
I too thought it was funny, but like I've said in other threads some people need to get the sticks out of their arses.

+1

I dont feel this thread should be closed at all. It is very entertaining.

Edit: Ok so I just got off the phone with the tech.....THEY SAID THAT SPRINT DID NOT RELEASE ANY PAMPHLETS WITH THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!! They said that Sprint cannot release the date until HTC releases the date!!:( They even checked with HTC on the ETA and they told them that the it was unavailable!!](*,)Also Sprint did confirm that the update should be soon because HTC has released the upgrade info on their website but the upgrade is not yet available!! So for the guy who had the paper with the info on it....might have had a little too much free time on his hands and photoshop was what he was occupying it with. The rep I spoke with sounded very knowledgeable about what he was talking about...I personally think he has a TP2...."let me check "back" with HTC about the ETA of the 6.5 update" Hence the word back.....so obviously he has checked before. So in conclusion...the update is very much still a :scratch:question:scratch: and NOBODY but someone from HTC will know when the update will arrive. Sprint doesnt release the update first...HTC releases the update first and once they do that then Sprint then has the right to release the update afterwards to their customers. So for all of you patiently waiting for the update....keep waiting because I can almost guarantee that it wont be tomorrow. Maybe this Month...but not tomorrow. Sorry fellas that is just my 2 cents on the issue. And to the guy who got all upset about ppl calling to confirm the update...maybe he is the one with the false information and just wanted to sound like he has an upper hand by knowing certain information when he really doesnt and knows his information is false. Seriously I would not have gotten upset if someone wanted to confirm my word of something I said. If I said it. I dare you to challenge it and tell me Im wrong. I can honestly say that this thread was more appealing to me than one with false information stating its true. At least on this thread....you know its not right. :mrgreen: So on that note.....Im off to the gym to P90X!!

jcjr81 03-18-2010 12:48 PM

A little bird told me that the TP2 is getting 7.1 on 3/10.

ajac 03-18-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngpro83 (Post 1638717)
:laughing3:

+1

I dont feel this thread should be closed at all. It is very entertaining.

Edit: Ok so I just got off the phone with the tech.....THEY SAID THAT SPRINT DID NOT RELEASE ANY PAMPHLETS WITH THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!! They said that Sprint cannot release the date until HTC releases the date!!:( They even checked with HTC on the ETA and they told them that the it was unavailable!!](*,)Also Sprint did confirm that the update should be soon because HTC has released the upgrade info on their website but the upgrade is not yet available!! So for the guy who had the paper with the info on it....might have had a little too much free time on his hands and photoshop was what he was occupying it with. The rep I spoke with sounded very knowledgeable about what he was talking about...I personally think he has a TP2...."let me check "back" with HTC about the ETA of the 6.5 update" Hence the word back.....so obviously he has checked before. So in conclusion...the update is very much still a :scratch:question:scratch: and NOBODY but someone from HTC will know when the update will arrive. Sprint doesnt release the update first...HTC releases the update first and once they do that then Sprint then has the right to release the update afterwards to their customers. So for all of you patiently waiting for the update....keep waiting because I can almost guarantee that it wont be tomorrow. Maybe this Month...but not tomorrow. Sorry fellas that is just my 2 cents on the issue. And to the guy who got all upset about ppl calling to confirm the update...maybe he is the one with the false information and just wanted to sound like he has an upper hand by knowing certain information when he really doesnt and knows his information is false. Seriously I would not have gotten upset if someone wanted to confirm my word of something I said. If I said it. I dare you to challenge it and tell me Im wrong. I can honestly say that this thread was more appealing to me than one with false information stating its true. At least on this thread....you know its not right. :mrgreen: So on that note.....Im off to the gym to P90X!!

funny I just talked to a tech and said it was real lol see anyone can talk to anyone at sprint and get 100000000 answers

detroit_doug 03-18-2010 12:57 PM

guys seriously....

this is getting really old... once again a thread taken over by virtual **** measuring and even worse taunts of "prove me wrong" and calls to reps and the like...

Enough already if it is out tomorrow so be it, if not then so what .. but stop hijacking a thread started as humor/info with the chest-thumping BS over "I'm right and your dont know jack" stuff

HBOOT 03-18-2010 01:00 PM

I say you all try to find KMARTBURRITO for those of you knows who he is...:mrgreen:he may leak that isht this afternoon, depending on where you are:evil4:

austin420 03-18-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1638752)
I say you all try to find KMARTBURRITO for those of you knows whe he is...:mrgreen:he may leak that isht this afternoon, depending on where you are:evil4:

doubtful. hes moved on to android.

HBOOT 03-18-2010 01:11 PM

good move on his part, he definitely leaked that Mogul gps unlocking ROM upgrade:mrgreen:

00_MACKIE_00 03-18-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcjr81 (Post 1638718)
A little bird told me that the TP2 is getting 7.1 on 3/10.

dude, you get info from the little birds too???

WOW and I thought I was the only secret informant on here...

Thanks for the info

austintb 03-18-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1638810)
dude, you get info from the little birds too???

WOW and I thought I was the only secret informant on here...

Thanks for the info

HAHA. That's so funny.