PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE, Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

hyattdriver is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade?????

Ok guys and gals, I just wanted to let everyone know how dumb some of the tech support are over at Sprint. I called Sprint yesterday to try and confirm the 6.5 update that is supposed to happen tomorrow the 19th. When I was talking to the tech support the rep told me that Sprint had this meeting earlier in the day to talk about the upgrade and here is what the rep said. "Sprint is not going to be giving the 6.5 upgrade to the Touch Pro 2, Sprint is going to skip over that upgrade and in the second half of this year they will upgrade the TP2 to Window Phone 7.1"........WOW I said, do you know what your talking about? There is no such thing as 7.1, the rep didn't like that remark.... I proceded to tell the rep that there is no phone on this planet right now with "any" carrier that will be upgraded to the window phone 7... the rep laughed at me and insisted it was true and told me that they couldn't wait till the second half of the year to prove me wrong. So I said thanks and called back 3 seconds later and got another rep and they told me that 6.5 is scheduled for the 19th. Either the first rep is on drugs, sleeps during the meetings or someone is playing a joke with them giving them wrong info deliberately. Any thoughts??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade?????

No CS reps know anything. I never believe what they say
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Never a dull moment with some of those folks. I feel sorry for the ones I sometimes get who really seem to know their stuff. The others give the entire bunch a bad rep.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

LOL this is some funny stuff
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyattdriver View Post
Ok guys and gals, I just wanted to let everyone know how dumb some of the tech support are over at Sprint. I called Sprint yesterday to try and confirm the 6.5 update that is supposed to happen tomorrow the 19th. When I was talking to the tech support the rep told me that Sprint had this meeting earlier in the day to talk about the upgrade and here is what the rep said. "Sprint is not going to be giving the 6.5 upgrade to the Touch Pro 2, Sprint is going to skip over that upgrade and in the second half of this year they will upgrade the TP2 to Window Phone 7.1"........WOW I said, do you know what your talking about? There is no such thing as 7.1, the rep didn't like that remark.... I proceded to tell the rep that there is no phone on this planet right now with "any" carrier that will be upgraded to the window phone 7... the rep laughed at me and insisted it was true and told me that they couldn't wait till the second half of the year to prove me wrong. So I said thanks and called back 3 seconds later and got another rep and they told me that 6.5 is scheduled for the 19th. Either the first rep is on drugs, sleeps during the meetings or someone is playing a joke with them giving them wrong info deliberately. =D> Any thoughts??

How smart are you? I mean.. these forums have been blasted the last couple days saying this Friday the update is coming out.. .there have been internal memos...

But yet you call to confirm? lol Why? What's the point? So you could come on the forums and make a thread that has been beating dead? Serious...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

haha, i never call sprint anymore... everything through ecare as they seem to research more since we can hold onto their written word.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

And the first line reps still do not have any official information on 6.5 (sad I know) so anyone you speak with should not have anything officially to say.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

ok so which of the 4 buttons on the front of the phone is going to be rendered useless along with the entire device itself when windows "7.1" is flashed? WOW what friggin idiots...sad part is they probably reproduce...amongst themselves which makes it even worse...I thought calls were monitored for for quality control and training purposes...yeah i can see how well that's going over...like a fart in church i would assume.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

lock thread close thread and ban this guy.. why? becasue smell some major bs
Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
lock thread close thread and ban this guy.. why? becasue smell some major bs
so you want to close a would be entertaining experience thread created by a user who wanted to share with us and then ban him? are you new? they dont ban people for sharing experiences...they ban them for sharing opinions...duh!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2