PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible fix for S.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
I get SOD and I keep my text and emails empty.
do you use manila??? I know when I had manila enabled my memory usage was about 70% at rest compared to 30-40% with titanium only.

it could be other aspects of manila, like I don't know how it accesses music files, but if you have a large library, that might be contributing as well.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I guess I wasn't thinking before because I too experience "SOD" and my text inbox is empty... and I was experiencing it on a freshly flashed mightyrom...

Old 03-18-2010, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
do you use manila??? I know when I had manila enabled my memory usage was about 70% at rest compared to 30-40% with titanium only.

it could be other aspects of manila, like I don't know how it accesses music files, but if you have a large library, that might be contributing as well.
manila and i disable the music tabs on mine. I usually keep texting empty email empty and still SOD so I dunno what is causing it.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid - 1.2ghz
Carrier: MetroPCS

goldenu is just getting started

I have had the SOD problem on the last two ROMS I've used: both based on the 23xxx core. In both cases the ROM was newly flashed and and the phone not even fully set up, so no messages/texts, etc could have been the cause. I rolled back to a 21xxx series ROM with Sense 2.1 and the problem seems gone.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenu View Post
I have had the SOD problem on the last two ROMS I've used: both based on the 23xxx core. In both cases the ROM was newly flashed and and the phone not even fully set up, so no messages/texts, etc could have been the cause. I rolled back to a 21xxx series ROM with Sense 2.1 and the problem seems gone.
im on mightyrom 2-10 which is a sense 2.1 rom with 21xxx series though.. and I get SOD...
Old 03-19-2010, 12:45 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
after she syncs with myphone, go to the website and archive them, then they won't sync with her phone anymore. she could do this every couple of days.

your theory makes sense though, as a lot of what we call device lockups are usually just cpu problems (100% being used, so it isn't responsive).
had that problem with the moto q9c with predictive text. apparently the program was saving every word you typed so after a while, you had such a large search database to get through it would freeze up.

myphone will "only" store 10k texts. run into this a couple times.

Help Me Help You
Old 03-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

sorry, i don't text enough or need to keep that many texts on hand so I haven't experienced.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2