PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

src666 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calls kill navigation - Sprint TP2 stock ROM

I did some searching and haven't found any info on this, but I might have missed something.

I just started using the Navigation function on my Sprint TP2 recently, and while it seems to work well in isolation, as soon as I make/receive a phone call (using a bluetooth hands free system), the nav system seems to stop working, among other problems.

Firstly, the phone doesn't go back to the Nav when the call ends, and I have to manually exit the call screen. That's a hassle, but not a deal killer.

More importantly, nothing navigation related seems to happen when I'm in the call. No directions are issued, the map appears not to be updated, etc. Sometimes exiting the call screen puts me back to the map, with the location indicator lagging WAY behind my current location. Sometimes it tries to "catch up", lagging behind, sometimes it is frozen in one location. Sometimes, it just dumps me out of the nav app (back to the 4 choice screen - Drive To, Search, etc.).

In any event, this makes the nav system totally useless if I have to take or make a call. I can't believe I'm the only one who has run into this. I would hate to have to buy a dedicated GPS after selling the wife on the idea that the phones have one built in.

Are there any fixes/solutions/tips towards resolving this?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Calls kill navigation - Sprint TP2 stock ROM

that's because your sprint nav uses your data connection. cdma devices can't talk and and do data at the same time. once your phone call ends, your data connection resumes and your gps will work fine again. so unless sprint is willing to update their protocol so we can talk and surf at the same time, there's no fix.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 03-17-2010 at 04:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1030; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

You havent seen those dumb at
Old 03-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666 View Post
in any event, this makes the nav system totally useless if i have to take or make a call. I can't believe i'm the only one who has run into this.
lol, srsly?!!!?!!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

fendi503 is keeping up the good workfendi503 is keeping up the good work

Yes, while the gps radio can function while on a call, the app needs CDMA to display and update your map. That is why you seem to lag behind after hanging up. That is also why the Nav app is so small; the maps aren't stored on your phone but it pulls it from the interwebz.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

src666 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendi503 View Post
Yes, while the gps radio can function while on a call, the app needs CDMA to display and update your map. That is why you seem to lag behind after hanging up. That is also why the Nav app is so small; the maps aren't stored on your phone but it pulls it from the interwebz.
OK, that's understandable. Unfortunate, but understandable. I guess that means that the GPS is basically useless for real-world applications, at least for me.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

get a stand alone app like garmin xt.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mishajmo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666 View Post
OK, that's understandable. Unfortunate, but understandable. I guess that means that the GPS is basically useless for real-world applications, at least for me.
Well, you could always just not make a call until you get where you are going.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just use mapping software that does not use your data connection. Then you will have no problems.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Another vote for Garmin XT. Works great. I use it while I'm riding my motorcycle. Phone call comes in, pauses nav, finish call, lady starts talking again. A real necessity since I can't constantly be pulling over to reset the phone. Also lowers music to give directions. Great program.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2