PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Calls kill navigation - Sprint TP2 stock ROM

OK, sorry if I was too judgmental or harsh. I'm a paramedic and have seen the accidents caused by people doing too many things other than driving.

Anyhow, hopefully you can ignore my attitude and use my suggestion of using a gps app that doesn't need an active data connection (i.e., Navicomputer, which is free).
Old 03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

src666 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
use my suggestion of using a gps app that doesn't need an active data connection (i.e., Navicomputer, which is free).
At this point I'm leaning towards a dedicated GPS unit. I've tried TomTom before and hated it, and also with a friend's Magellan. So that basically leaves Garmin, who seems to be having a lot of quality issues lately. I'm in a wait and see mode - wait and see what bargain I can find with a good return policy.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666 View Post
At this point I'm leaning towards a dedicated GPS unit. I've tried TomTom before and hated it, and also with a friend's Magellan. So that basically leaves Garmin, who seems to be having a lot of quality issues lately. I'm in a wait and see mode - wait and see what bargain I can find with a good return policy.
Costco
Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
Costco
Yeah, but they don't carry the model I would want.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

So from what is being said here thst in fact the gps does work on the Sprint Touch Pro2??? I cant get mines to work at all and why is that?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:07 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
So from what is being said here thst in fact the gps does work on the Sprint Touch Pro2??? I cant get mines to work at all and why is that?
using stock, if its not 100% clear skies, i dont get **** in the way of gps on the sprintnav program. i have to use bing or google maps.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Thats weird cuz on the first TP I was able to use no matter what the weather was. Should I call Sprint?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:29 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Thats weird cuz on the first TP I was able to use no matter what the weather was. Should I call Sprint?
if thats the only problem, and you can use an alternate gps app like google maps, i wouldnt call sprint. they may just replace your phone with one that has worse problems. dont sweat the small stuff.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes, I found that the navigation worked very well, when that's all the phone was doing. There were times it wouldn't get a signal lock when I first turned it on, but that was usually when I had it in my hand sitting in the parking lot (i.e. the car's roof was right above it). If I moved it to the dash, it got a lock quickly.

There were a few times it lost signal during trips while it was on the dash, so it may be that the GPS lock was marginal, but I never did a signal strength check, and that was a rare problem for me.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2