PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910 Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

cmseeley is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to cmseeley
Re: Calls kill navigation - Sprint TP2 stock ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
check ebay...the company that makes the mount for my gps makes them for motorcycles...just cant remember the name of the company...but search ebay motorcycle gps mount it will be the most prominent one there.
I see a bunch of "universals" ect, but not a cradle specifically for the TP2.

Thats why I was hoping that someone here has a similar need, and has already found something.. I like the nuvi style ball and socket, but is there a cradel that will fit that ball, and that will securly hold the TP2.

Best,

Chris
Old 03-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why do you have to answer the phone while you are on the GPS and also, if you are on the phone while using a dedicated GPS, you are still not going to be able to pay attention to it. Not to mention the fact that you are pretty dense for talking on the phone while trying to pay attention to a GPS while driving your car...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

src666 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
Why do you have to answer the phone while you are on the GPS and also, if you are on the phone while using a dedicated GPS, you are still not going to be able to pay attention to it. Not to mention the fact that you are pretty dense for talking on the phone while trying to pay attention to a GPS while driving your car...
Judgemental much?

Fact: When driving in a strange location, a GPS + common sense actually makes life safer.

Fact: You have no control of when someone calls you. Some calls are important enough to answer even when you are driving in a strange location.

As I mentioned before, I am using a hands-free system in the car. Yes, that doesn't eliminate driver distraction, but using common sense (i.e. being aware of your situation, and actively paying attention to the road) can alleviate that.

However, I have to assume from your attitude that you turn off your phone, radio and gag your passengers when driving. You also never drink, eat, take your hands off of the steering wheel or blink. Congrats.

Now, back to the real world.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Well my gps doesnt work at all so what does that mean? No matter where I go it tells me my signal is too weak but the connection is strong.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
you are correct but what about somebody who uses bluetooth in their car (actually its a law in my state) so if i'm on bluetooth my hands are free. I'll be honest i have a nexus one and i've used this feature quite often. If it wasn't for that i would probably buy the n1 on my tp2 line and cancel tmobile altogether but i will be keeping the n1 on tmobile just for this feature. Bluetooth and speaker phone is what makes talking and surfing really possible, because obviously without those two you have to put the phone to your ear and talking and surfing isnt' realistic then.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

PM replied. But what I do is just use a Bluetooth stereo headset and leave the phone in my pocket. Program my destination before I leave. And use the headset to send/end the call. I have a Samsung bluetooth headset that has wired earbuds.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666 View Post
Judgemental much?

Fact: When driving in a strange location, a GPS + common sense actually makes life safer.

Fact: You have no control of when someone calls you. Some calls are important enough to answer even when you are driving in a strange location.

As I mentioned before, I am using a hands-free system in the car. Yes, that doesn't eliminate driver distraction, but using common sense (i.e. being aware of your situation, and actively paying attention to the road) can alleviate that.

However, I have to assume from your attitude that you turn off your phone, radio and gag your passengers when driving. You also never drink, eat, take your hands off of the steering wheel or blink. Congrats.

Now, back to the real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you are correct but what about somebody who uses bluetooth in their car (actually its a law in my state) so if i'm on bluetooth my hands are free. I'll be honest i have a nexus one and i've used this feature quite often. If it wasn't for that i would probably buy the n1 on my tp2 line and cancel tmobile altogether but i will be keeping the n1 on tmobile just for this feature. Bluetooth and speaker phone is what makes talking and surfing really possible, because obviously without those two you have to put the phone to your ear and talking and surfing isnt' realistic then.
Great replies that don't answer my question. How the heck would you listen/pay attention to your GPS and the person talking on the phone at the same time, while driving? This is the primary issue. Because, no matter what GPS app you use, your phone call will always cover up your screen, and if you are handling your phone to bring the gps back to the front of the screen, well... idiot driver much?

We have answered all your questions. We have pointed out the solutions (don't use the phone, use a dedicated unit, switch to GSM). The only thing remaining is, why not just use the phone as a GPS while you are driving so you save face with your wife, save money, and save lives... If you are able to safely listen to and follow directions from one source, while listening and carrying on a conversation from another source, well then, more power to you, just follow the instructions in this thread and you are set.

Last edited by Nagrom Nniuq; 03-19-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

under the cdma settings you can have calls go to voice mail while using data. that should fix the problem of incoming calls.
but i agree with the others. if you use your phone that much to talk while driving in unknown locations, get a stand alone gps and buy your wife some roses.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Great replies that don't answer my question. How the heck would you listen/pay attention to your GPS and the person talking on the phone at the same time, while driving? This is the primary issue. Because, no matter what GPS app you use, your phone call will always cover up your screen, and if you are handling your phone to bring the gps back to the front of the screen, well... idiot driver much?

We have answered all your questions. We have pointed out the solutions (don't use the phone, use a dedicated unit, switch to GSM). The only thing remaining is, why not just use the phone as a GPS while you are driving so you save face with your wife, save money, and save lives... If you are able to safely listen to and follow directions from one source, while listening and carrying on a conversation from another source, well then, more power to you, just follow the instructions in this thread and you are set.
Nagrom you are so use to cdma and need to think outside the box. On my android if I'm using my GPS and someone calls me guess what I have a Bluetooth in my car so I don't actually need to put the phone to your ear. And its nice to have my GPS still running and giving directions as I'm on the phone. The nice part is the GPS still talks to me just volume is extremely lowered because I'm on the phone but the other person on the line can't hear it. I believe the op is just trying to mimic this.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

src666 is just getting started

Quote:

Others have answered questions and given suggestions, you have just spouted judgmental attitude. But I will answer your questions.

I use bluetooth handsfree while driving. Using a dedicated GPS, even if I don't hear the instructions clearly, I can hear that instructions were given, and glance over at the GPS to see what's up. Using the phone, unfortunately, not so much. Heck, I even have the option of saying "hold on a second" to the person I am talking to, like any rational human might. I guess by not fully specify my decision/action tree while driving I led you to believe that what I really wanted was to drive blindfolded, inebriated and without my hands on the wheel. Sorry to have confused you so.

As you mention, the calling screen pops up and covers the GPS even with add-on software. As I have mentioned before (if you bothered reading), that's not something I want to happen. I agree that having to fiddle with the phone while talking and driving to get the GPS screen back up is not good.

I don't know where in my posts you saw me express a desire to be juggling the phone, switching screens, etc., but hopefully now you understand things better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2